Re: NVDA - Get the input with nvda shortcut keys

derek riemer

In your original message, x is a local variable, so if you assign something to it, it will automatically be destroyed when the function goes out of scope. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'd advise doing some python tutorials first, because addon development requires at least an intermediate, and probably closer to advanced knowledge of python. If you can do what you want without modifying the screen reader, you'll want to do so, because addon writing is far from a trivial undertaking.

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 10:50 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Please note that NVDA already supports strikethrough. You need to configure it through the document formatting settings, and it's off by default to keep users from being spammed by needless information.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 1:51 PM vimuths via Groups.Io <vimuths=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
When we create a simple web page and read this line with NVDA shortcut key H it will be read as
"Flash Sale heading level three"

<h3 class="hp-mod-card-title">Flash Sale</h3>

But is there a way to assign this Flash Sale to a python variable?. Really sorry I'm bit new to this.

import globalPluginHandler
import ui

class GlobalPlugin(globalPluginHandler.GlobalPlugin):

        def script_sayHeader(self, gesture):
                x = "Header 123"
                ui.message(x + 'is a nice header')

        __gestures={
                "kb:h":"sayHeader"
        }

This is the code for a global plugin I created and I need to add a current header or shortcut key value to this x. This is a sample code and what I intend to do is a bit complicated.

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.

Derek Riemer