Re: Threshold/add-on releases round 2: reverting recent releases/compatibility range changes, Threshold work from my add-ons put on hold #addonrelease

Brian's Mail list account

Ps that string of error warnings occurs on alpha snaps as well.

From: "Joseph Lee" <@joslee>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:55 PM
Subject: [nvda-devel] Threshold/add-on releases round 2: reverting recent releases/compatibility range changes, Threshold work from my add-ons put on hold #AddonRelease

Hi all,

After receiving feedback regarding recent add-on updates and compatibility
checks, I'm going to do two things:

1. Revert releases: although Project Threshold does say that NVDA
2019.3 is required, feature set isn't frozen. Thus I'm reverting recent
releases.
2. Threshold/add-on compatibility work put on hold: until the "real"
game changer comes to Threshold and getting clearance to introduce Threshold
work, I'm putting Threshold add-on work on hold for all my add-ons (for now,
all of my add-ons, including Add-on Updater, are affected by this hold).

For those using Add-on Updater: depending on if you've updated add-ons
recently or not, you'll either get no update announcement or a dialog asking
you to "update". Don't worry if update versions seem to be older than what
you might be using.

A note to anyone wishing to test Project Threshold with add-ons: at this
time, I advise against it until "green light" is issued from authorities.
The exception is for add-on developers who are interested in keeping an eye
on changes coming with this project - hold off releasing Threshold powered
add-on versions until told to do so.