Dear NVDA community,
With the merging of speech refactor work into threshold branch, Project Threshold has formally launched (expect a notice from NV Access people regarding this).
An important notice for users of my add-ons: if you are using any of my add-ons and plan to participate in Project Threshold, you MUST install add-on updates destined for today. This is because the minimum add-on API version for Threshold will be 2019.3, and also because there will be changes in Threshold that will break many add-ons, including some of mine.
The following add-ons will receive updates today:
- Add-on Updater
- Easy Table Navigator
- Enhanced Touch Gestures
- Golden Cursor (deep maintenance only)
- Object Location Tones
- Resource Monitor
- StationPlaylist (both stable only)
- Virtual Review
- Windows 10 App Essentials
Notes for some add-ons:
- Add-on Updater: this update will go out first; you must install this add-on first. Also, if anyone is participating in Project Threshold and installs this add-on, Add-on Updater will now install updates for add-ons that does declare support for Threshold i.e. 2019.3-dev; that is, if the last tested NVDA version is earlier than 2019.3, Add-on Updater Threshold edition won’t even attempt to install the add-on update. This is done so you are protected from updates that could break in Threshold.
- Golden Cursor: the upcoming version will be the last version to be maintained by me.
- Resource Monitor: Psutil dependency will be updated to 5.6.2 to resolve package generation bug caused by a missing file and to bring updated features.
- StationPlaylist: Studio 5.20 or later will be required. Also, support for Threshold will be added to 18.09.x-LTS in the next release (scheduled for end of May).
- SystrayList: this will be the last version to be powered by Python 2, and consequently supporting old NVDA releases earlier than 2019.1.
- Windows 10 App Essentials: effective with today’s build, end of support countdown for Version 1803 (April 2018 Update/build 17134) will be in effect. For now the add-on will install on Version 1803, but a June snapshot will drop support for it; consequently, from that future snapshot onwards, Version 1809 (October 2018 Update/build 17763) or later will be required as for add-on support policy (supporting Insider build, latest, immediate past release, with a given stable release supported for at least fifteen months). Support for Version 1803 from this add-on will end in July.