Introducing our Google Summer of Code 2019 student: Bill Dengler

Michael Curran

Hi all,

On behalf of NV Access I would like to officially welcome Bill Dengler (codeofdusk) to the NVDA project, as our Google Summer of Code 2019 student.

Many people may have already seen Bill around, as he has contributed to the project in the past. But we are very happy to be working with him in an official capacity, under the Google Summer of Code program.

Between now and the end of August, Bill will be working on improving NVDA's support for Windows consoles in Windows 10, by having NVDA take advantage of UI Automation in this scenario.

You can read about NV Access on Google Summer of Code, plus Bill's project abstract at https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5317267756154880/

Please join me in making Bill welcome.

Regards

Mick