Re: How to view the debug logs, and get exceptions in NVDAHelper

derek riemer

Where do debug logs go? Does it end up in NVDA.log, or elsewhere?

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 7:18 AM Reef Turner <reef@...> wrote:
In addition to building NVDA with `nvdaHelperDebugFlags` (I'd suggest with debugCRT and RTC), you can also specify `nvdaHelperLogLevel=0` for maximum logging verbosity.

These args are defined in the `sconstruct` file.

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 at 23:16, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
I'm trying to get exceptions in NVDAHelper, for some error I caused in one of the MSHTML vbuff backend methods.
I see this coder in remoteLoader/loader.cpp.
#ifndef NDEBUG
    Beep(880,100);
    #endif
I also see a logger method that does some cryptic things I don't understand. Does anyone here know how I can set the log level, and/or view the logs? How can I get a debugger attached to IE, so I can figure out what horrible thing I did that is crashing IE? I tried getting windbg to attach to iexplore but it won't do anything for some reason.
Short of that, can I generate a minidump somehow, or a full dump, when IE breaks? It doesn't seem to crash the whole browser, but just the page.
Chbeers
--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.