From: nuga@groups.io <nuga@groups.io> on behalf of Jake Ortman <jortman@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 4:01:57 PM
To: nuga@groups.io <nuga@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nuga] AT&T Discontinues their Office 365 service

TIL that AT&T sold 365.

For future reference in case anybody else is looking to do this, that kind of transfer is pretty easy if you’re going from third-party back to MS Direct. You basically go into the client’s 365 Tenant as a global admin, purchase the amount and type of licenses you were getting from AT&T/whoever, verify that you have double the licenses in your tenant, and then have AT&T cancel the licenses they provisioned (which will put you down to the proper amount needed). Microsoft will automatically assign the duplicate licenses as appropriate with no downtime when the others are cancelled. Once you verify things at working and the proper licenses are live, you can then remove the AT&T Partner Relationship in the tenant or at least get rid of their Admin rights (which were needed so they could provision licenses).

I’ve done dozens of 365 back-end vendor changes (from Microsoft-direct to various other vendors and back and forth) and the only time it gets too messy (in my experience) is when GoDaddy’s involved. GoDaddy was one of the first 365 resellers out there and they have a *special* integrated way that they do things that is non-standard and usually requires a third-party migration service to completely migrate from and cancel out. They seem to be the only vendor I’ve seen that does things in a weird way.

Questions, let me know.

-Jake Ortman

Loudmouth/Scapegoat

Weston Technology Solutions