Topics

weekend

Bruce Draper

Did any of you try the NM QSO Party this weekend? Was there any activity at all on 6 meters? Did you dip into the HF waters?

     -Bruce AA5B

Mike WB2FKO

No HF here. I monitored 50.130 for most of the day as I did work around the house.  I had a single ssb QSO with NM5WB in Rio Rancho.  He called CQ on that frequency about once per hour without any more contacts as far as I could tell.  In the early evening I asked him what he had managed on 6m.  Besides me, he worked AI5I on 50.125.  I had the beam pointed at Arizona. Mike WB2FKO

On 4/14/19 7:28 PM, Bruce Draper wrote:
Did any of you try the NM QSO Party this weekend? Was there any activity at all on 6 meters? Did you dip into the HF waters?

     -Bruce AA5B

redarlington

I called a few times on 6 (ssb) but never heard anything so I dipped back down to 20 and 40 and made a few Q's.   Georgia QSO party was on in full force.   I even heard one other guy in Los Alamos (2 blocks from me).    But family obligations prevented me from spending more than about 20 minutes on the radio all weekend.

-Bob N3XKB

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 7:28 PM Bruce Draper <bruceaa5b@...> wrote:
Did any of you try the NM QSO Party this weekend? Was there any activity at all on 6 meters? Did you dip into the HF waters?

     -Bruce AA5B

Tom

To All,,
Report from ARIZONA...
I was able to catch Duffy/Jim in two counties early in the contest on 40,, but as day progressed, 40 got to long for me so could not find them .. I was able to work 13 counties between 40 and 80,,
I did try some CQ,s on 6 on .130 and some cq,s on ft8 looking for NM stations,, nothing heard..but did NOT put a lot of effort,,on 6..
Thanks to all that worked me..
Tom
N7GP
ex WA8WZG

wrote:

Did any of you try the NM QSO Party this weekend? Was there any
activity at all on 6 meters? Did you dip into the HF waters?
-Bruce AA5B
Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/nmvhf/message/404
[2] https://groups.io/mt/31136588/519044
[3] https://groups.io/g/nmvhf/post
[4] https://groups.io/g/nmvhf/editsub/519044
[5] https://groups.io/g/nmvhf/leave/defanged

Keith Morehouse

I had a radio on 6 the entire time I was on HF, pointed at ABQ.  Heard nobody.

I wasn't on much after 12:00 local...

-W9RM

Keith Morehouse
via MotoG

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019, 7:28 PM Bruce Draper <bruceaa5b@...> wrote:
Did any of you try the NM QSO Party this weekend? Was there any activity at all on 6 meters? Did you dip into the HF waters?

     -Bruce AA5B

lewisre@...

Hi Bruce, I listened on 7250, 50.125, and 144.2 and did not hear any station.  Either my receivers have problems or no one was transmitting.  ???

On 2019-04-14 19:28, Bruce Draper wrote:

Did any of you try the NM QSO Party this weekend? Was there any activity at all on 6 meters? Did you dip into the HF waters?

     -Bruce AA5B

Bruce Draper

Seems like several of you were doing a fair amount of listening, but maybe no one was transmitting?
That's not a good way to make QSOs  😀

Back to the contest... Are any of you going to submit a log for the contest? Is there anyone who needs help getting it in the right format?

    -Bruce AA5B