Topics

Unofficial - NM VHF Society finished 9th in Medium Club Category in June VHF Contest - Thanks for your score!

James Duffey
 

From looking at the unofficial results, it appears that we have finished 9th nationally in the Medium Club category. This is a very good result for our first outing and we are in very good company with some clubs that are historically very competitive. Thanks everyone for taking part in the contest and for contributing your score to the NM VHF Society. - Duffey KK6MC NM VHF Society Contest Coordinator

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM
jamesduffey@...

Keith Morehouse
 

Top 10 in medium category is really good.  That category is probably the most competitive !
Good job for a first effort - now to build on it !

-W9RM


Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.
Olathe, CO

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 10:15 AM, James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...> wrote:
From looking at the unofficial results, it appears that we have finished 9th nationally in the Medium Club category. This is a very good result for our first outing and we are in very good company with some clubs that are historically very competitive. Thanks everyone for taking part in the contest and for contributing your score to the NM VHF Society. - Duffey KK6MC NM VHF Society Contest Coordinator

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM
jamesduffey@...








James Duffey
 

Thanks Keith. Yes, we had 18 contributors to our score, which is excellent. For the June contest with diligence, hard work, and good band conditions, I think that we can move up a few spots but  the top two spots are probably out of reach. Those spots are held by two NE groups, NE Weak Signal Group and Mt Airy VHF Radio Club and they have much more activity than we do.

I wanted to do well against clubs in our territory/region, which we did. I think we will do well in the 222MHz and up club competition, but probably not so good in the September Contest. January is really dependent on whether or not we get Es. If we get it, we will do well, if not, then it will probably be like September. - Duffey KK6MC
KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM
jamesduffey@...




On Sep 27, 2017, at 11:00 AM, Keith Morehouse <w9rm@...> wrote:

Top 10 in medium category is really good.  That category is probably the most competitive !
Good job for a first effort - now to build on it !

-W9RM


Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.
Olathe, CO

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 10:15 AM, James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...> wrote:
From looking at the unofficial results, it appears that we have finished 9th nationally in the Medium Club category. This is a very good result for our first outing and we are in very good company with some clubs that are historically very competitive. Thanks everyone for taking part in the contest and for contributing your score to the NM VHF Society. - Duffey KK6MC NM VHF Society Contest Coordinator

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM
jamesduffey@...









Bill
 

Woooo! We won't be able to call this the RF wasteland any more.

Nice going folks!

Bill W7QQ


On Wed, Sep 27, 2017, 11:59 AM James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...> wrote:
Thanks Keith. Yes, we had 18 contributors to our score, which is excellent. For the June contest with diligence, hard work, and good band conditions, I think that we can move up a few spots but  the top two spots are probably out of reach. Those spots are held by two NE groups, NE Weak Signal Group and Mt Airy VHF Radio Club and they have much more activity than we do.

I wanted to do well against clubs in our territory/region, which we did. I think we will do well in the 222MHz and up club competition, but probably not so good in the September Contest. January is really dependent on whether or not we get Es. If we get it, we will do well, if not, then it will probably be like September. - Duffey KK6MC

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM
jamesduffey@...




On Sep 27, 2017, at 11:00 AM, Keith Morehouse <w9rm@...> wrote:

Top 10 in medium category is really good.  That category is probably the most competitive !
Good job for a first effort - now to build on it !

-W9RM


Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.
Olathe, CO

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 10:15 AM, James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...> wrote:
From looking at the unofficial results, it appears that we have finished 9th nationally in the Medium Club category. This is a very good result for our first outing and we are in very good company with some clubs that are historically very competitive. Thanks everyone for taking part in the contest and for contributing your score to the NM VHF Society. - Duffey KK6MC NM VHF Society Contest Coordinator

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM
jamesduffey@...