Fw: [VHFcontesting] CSVHFS 52nd Annual Conference--less than a month away!
Sorry for cross posting but if you haven't received the Central States Conference announcement here it is.
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Bruce Richardson <w9fz@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:44 PM
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CSVHFS 52nd Annual Conference--less than a month away!
Hello VHF'ers: (yes, you might be getting this message via multiple
venues--just trying to get the word out far and wide.)
If you haven't registered yet, you should firm up your plans because the
guaranteed hotel rate and block only lasts about another week (thru July
Here's why you should attend:
- Central location in Wichita, KS at the Doubletree Hotel at the Wichita
- Friday morning outdoor activities of Antenna Range, Rover Row, and Dish
- Friday morning Noise Figure measurement (inside)
- Presentations Friday afternoon and Saturday just some of which are:
KL7UW Dual Yagi Inverted-U az-el mount for 6m
N2CEI Multi-band Transverters
KH6/K6MIO The Solar Cycle and F2 Propagation
WA5VJB Yagi Antennas
PJ4VHF Medium Power Amplifiers
W4KXY BIP-BOP Controller for 6m Yagis
N6NB Obstacle Gain: Reinventing the Wheel 2018
WD5AGO End of Life: What is happening with older Low Noise Devices?
W5ZN Effective SO2R Techniques for 6 Meter Contesting
KH6/K6MIO Extreme Es Over water paths
KK6MC QRP VHF
K0DAS A Portable 6 Meter EME Station
N6NB Weak Signal VHF through the Years
- Luncheons Friday and Saturday with entertaining talks:
W9FZ/W0ZQ Microwave Adventures: Eclipse-o-Mania and Beyond
K0DAS The 2017 Search for Amelia Earhart's Airplane
- Saturday night Banquet with REAL Entertainment and Prize Table (dress
- Hospitality Suite available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights
- Dealer area with Hanger 18 Surplus and Downeast Microwave confirmed
- Thursday night mixer for conference attendees and family
- Friday family program Bus Tour to scenic Flint Hills
- Saturday family program Tour to historic "Cow Town" and shopping trip to
New Market Square
First, visit the conference website at: http://2018.csvhfs.org/ and learn
about the event.
Next make your hotel room reservation by following the hotlink (with
flashing red arrow) at:
We have a guaranteed block of rooms (with conference rate) that will be
released after July 6th. We can exceed the block before that date. There
are just over 20 rooms in the block remaining (as of June 24). Make your
reservations to ensure a place at the Doubletree Hotel.
Then register for the event (either online or mail-in) by visiting either:
Click the "Register Individual" button at the very bottom.
Questions? Contact the host team at registration@... .
Mel Graves WR0I
Bruce Richardson W9FZ
VHFcontesting mailing list