I was tuning to see how poor conditions were and heard the weak CW CQ from EA8YV.  While answering his CQ (I was running 100W from the TS-590SG), I hit the amp ON switch and the 3 minute timer started ticking.  So the QSO on my end was 100W until the final 73 when the amp finally was ready.

The point is it pays to listen carefully.  Plus a bit of luck;  Ya had to be at the right place at the right time.

Arne N7KA
On June 25, 2018 at 1:56 PM KC7QY <kc7qy@...> wrote:

I knew there must have been a reason I hadn't submitted it before.

Jim KC7QY

From: WB2FKO <mph@...>
To: nmvhf@groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [nmvhf] 6M DX report Sunday 6/4

Jim, that is great DX but the database is only for QSOs made after 1 Nov 2017.  I think if we included legacy QSOs, N5JEH and N7KA would have most of the records!  Mike

On 06/25/2018 12:18 PM, KC7QY wrote:
Mike,

I just checked my 6M CW QSO with ON4IQ (JO20ar) from last year. My logging program says 5,258 miles. You might want to confirm the distance. I'm in DM64nb. Contact was 13 June 2017 at 17:58. My end was 100 wts to 3 elements. Johan did the heavy lifting with his H-frame of four M2 8 els. (His QRZ page says he's upgraded to 9 elements now)

Jim KC7QY