Re: 6M DX report Sunday 6/4

WB2FKO

Jim, that is great DX but the database is only for QSOs made after 1 Nov 2017.  I think if we included legacy QSOs, N5JEH and N7KA would have most of the records!  Mike

On 06/25/2018 12:18 PM, KC7QY wrote:
Mike,

I just checked my 6M CW QSO with ON4IQ (JO20ar) from last year. My logging program says 5,258 miles. You might want to confirm the distance. I'm in DM64nb. Contact was 13 June 2017 at 17:58. My end was 100 wts to 3 elements. Johan did the heavy lifting with his H-frame of four M2 8 els. (His QRZ page says he's upgraded to 9 elements now)

Jim KC7QY

From: WB2FKO <mph@...>
To: nmvhf@groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [nmvhf] 6M DX report Sunday 6/4

N7KA worked EA8YV the old fashioned way on cw.  DX database updated with a new top distance for cw at 5129 miles.  I let FT8 run unattended for most of Sunday afternoon and decoded an OH1, but that's it.   I suspect there are some NM ops on this mailing list (AI5I, N5JEH, ??) who have eclipsed 6000 miles using FT8 on 6m.  Would like to add these extreme DX QSOs to the online record, so please let me know.  W5UHF logged an 1100+ mile MSK144 QSO on 144 MHz during the June contest, but I don't have enough details to add to database.  W7QQ should get me that info at some point, as well as all the new UHF and microwave records.

Mike WB2FKO

On 06/24/2018 07:04 PM, Ed wrote:
Only one station worked here (OH3SR @16:20) Heard by 5 other OH,One LA and 2 PA. But only 1 contact. Keith seems to be in the right spot. Not many EU openings make it down here.

  Ed N5JEH