Re: FT-817ND Microphone Issues and a Favor

Jonathan Fox

Thanks Alan, good tip.  I will expand my search.

73, Jon
W0AMT

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 7:37 PM Alan Shapiro via Groups.Io <nm5s=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jon,
I have a 817 and mike, but am up in Santa Fe.  Also be aware that a mike from other Yaesu radios may work.  Mine is interchangeable with the FT-450 that I had.
Alan, NM5S

On 6/11/2018 7:25 PM, Jonathan Fox wrote:
My FT-817ND has developed a microphone issue. It's not generating any audio. On FM the carrier is there by no audio. On SSB the radio keys up but their is no modulation, no power on the meter, and no ALC action.

The radio works fine via the data jack. I made several FT8 contacts on 6 meters during the contest using it.

The reason I am bringing it up here is to ask if anyone has an FT-817 and microphone that I could use to test mine. I would like to connect a known good mic to my radio followed by connecting a known good radio to my mic. The goal being to isolate the cause of this issue.

Thanks and 73,

Jon, W0AMT