FT-817ND Microphone Issues and a Favor

Jonathan Fox

My FT-817ND has developed a microphone issue. It's not generating any audio. On FM the carrier is there by no audio. On SSB the radio keys up but their is no modulation, no power on the meter, and no ALC action.

The radio works fine via the data jack. I made several FT8 contacts on 6 meters during the contest using it.

The reason I am bringing it up here is to ask if anyone has an FT-817 and microphone that I could use to test mine. I would like to connect a known good mic to my radio followed by connecting a known good radio to my mic. The goal being to isolate the cause of this issue.

Thanks and 73,

Jon, W0AMT