Deadline for submitting January VHF Contest Logs is tonight; 0359 UTC February 1, 2018.

James Duffey

If you haven’t submitted your log from the January VHF Contest, they are due tonight; “Entries must be uploaded or postmarked no later than 0359 UTC February 1, 2018.”

Entries must be uploaded or postmarked no later than 0359 UTC February 1, 2018.

If you are a member of the New Mexico VHF Society, please include that in your log for the club name.

If you are having problems preparing an electronic log, let W7QQ or myself know and we can help. Alternately, you can mail a hand prepared log.

The hand prepared logs that the league receives are entered by hand by volunteers. Needless to say that is a thankless job and volunteers for it are short. The New Mexico VHF Society is going to help the ARRL enter these hand prepared logs. If you would like to volunteer for this activity, let me know. Hand prepared logs are usually short, but there are lengthy ones submitted.

Thanks for your support and participation in the contest. - Duffey KK6MC

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM

On Jan 20, 2018, at 08:25, JamesDuffey <jamesduffey@...> wrote:

Due to bad weather in Northern AZ, I have had a change in plans and will be returning from Phoenix on Sunday using the southern route. Sorry for the quick change in plans. - Duffey
There has been a change in my rove plans due to the bad weather expected in northern AZ. We will head east after visiting the Maricopa convergence. Sorry for the confusion.

I will start at the Maricopa convergence, Southeast of Maricopa

Time(Z)        Grid        Time (MST)
1900        DM33ax    1200
2005        DM32xx    1305
2110        DM42xa    1410
2215        DM43aa    1515

I can stay and make another short sweep here to work the guys who show up on 1296 at 1600 MST
I will operate in motion, calling on 144.2 and 50.125 to Benson AZ.

Time(Z)        Grid        Time (MST)
0230        DM41ex      1930

We will overnight in Benson where we will spend the night. I will operate from the hotel parking lot if activity warrants it.

Sunday
I will also operate in motion between locations. Look for my location on APRS.

1500    DM41ex       0800
1800    DM52mf    1100 Steins Cemetery, maybe a short stop on the West side of the hill to pick of AZ stations
2200  DM62cv     1500  Emory pass - interesting to see if we can work Northern NM from here, Las Cruces, El Paso and Alamogordo is a slam dunk
2330    DM63       will pick one on the way
0130 DM64nb 1830 Socorro Fairgrounds
0330    DM65     1930    Will pick when we get there, may miss it

To end of contest.

I will have APRS by cell phone.

6M    100W Moxon
2M    100W 8ft Yagi
222    120W 8ft Yagi
432     50W  8ft Yagi
902     25W  4ft Yagi
1296 10W  4ft Yagi

You can text (preferred) or call me at 505 228 5491.

Hope you have a good contest. Listen for the weak ones. Sorry for the short notice and quick change of plans. - Duffey KK6MC

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM