Topics

Where O Where

Mark Dallner

Looking for the location of the ICS forms on my MacBook Air. Looked at the manual online and either got impatient or didn’t find it… Wanted to add some forms for our training here is SE Wisconsin.

Thank you,
Mark Dallner
KD9EEE

Mark Dallner

Forgot to mention that my Documents folder is in iCloud.

On Jan 15, 2019, at 9:35 AM, Mark Dallner <mark@...> wrote:

Looking for the location of the ICS forms on my MacBook Air. Looked at the manual online and either got impatient or didn’t find it… Wanted to add some forms for our training here is SE Wisconsin.

Thank you,
Mark Dallner
KD9EEE

Ole Helgerson KI7MBR

Hi Mark,

I am a beginner at all this, but recall that when I installed Fldigi on the old Lenovo laptop running Linux Mint 18.1, there seemed to be a separate package to install which held the forms and which was followed then perhaps a hoop or two to jump through to have it all link together, including the check sum process.  Once done, the lap top and and Android phone communicated quite well, beeping and chirping next to each other on the dining room table; speaker-to-mike.  Although my skill level at this is akin to a blind squirrel looking for an acorn, none the less, hope this provides some insight since rumor has it Mac's OS are Linux based.  73, KI7MBR Ole

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 7:35 AM Mark Dallner <mark@...> wrote:
Looking for the location of the ICS forms on my MacBook Air. Looked at the manual online and either got impatient or didn’t find it… Wanted to add some forms for our training here is SE Wisconsin.

Thank you,
Mark Dallner
KD9EEE

Dave

http://www.w1hkj.com/flmsg-help/#sCustomForms

~/.nbems is a hidden folder.  You can unhide from the Finder menus or create a link to the hidden folder

$ cd
$ ln -s .nbems nbems.files

It's a good idea to do the same for all of the flxxxx hidden files

$ ln -s .fldigi fldigi.files
$ ln -s .flrig flrig.files
$ ln -s .flcluster flcluster.files
$ ln -s .fllog fllog.files

Of course this only applies to those application that you have installed and have executed at least once.

Learn more about the "ln" command

$ man ln

73, David

On 1/15/19 9:35 AM, Mark Dallner wrote:
Looking for the location of the ICS forms on my MacBook Air. Looked at the manual online and either got impatient or didn’t find it… Wanted to add some forms for our training here is SE Wisconsin.

Thank you,
Mark Dallner
KD9EEE

Mark Dallner

Thank you, Dave. Success! Now on to the next phase of training.

On Jan 15, 2019, at 9:54 AM, Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:

http://www.w1hkj.com/flmsg-help/#sCustomForms

<mhnimnbidimlknne.png>

[...]

j.zietlow@...

Mark,
If I read your email correctly, you're looking for the files on the Mac. I can't help you with that, but I can send you a copy of the ICS Forms Workbook.
73, John K9WIC

Looking for the location of the ICS forms on my MacBook Air. Looked at the manual online and either got impatient or didn’t find it… Wanted to add some forms for our training here is SE Wisconsin.

Thank you,
Mark Dallner
KD9EEE

<ics_forms_2010.pdf>