Topics

What's best way to view/review info from daily RX/TX caputred log files?

Bob B

I'm looking for a way to more easily "rescue" partially received transmissions
that don't get a full copy for display in FLMSG.

I've got Log RX/TX on and can open these .log files in Notebook.

I don't think I'm navigating the logging tools correctly.

I'm sensing there is big difference between the contesting log material I'm messing with
and a good method to retrieve usable data from daily-captured RX/TX pane .log log files.

Is there a tool to view FLDIGI daily RX/TX capture logs other than Windows Notepad?

The manual discusses contesting-related logging and I'm bumbling into there a bit
but not finding any utility that works to retrieved data RX logs...

I'm an em-comm user running on 2m and 220 on MT63 2000L with ICS 213s.
73s!

Larry Levesque

If you used Linux this would be simple from the command line:

cat fldigi20191019.log | sed -n -e 's/^.*): //p'|less

Sample data captured yesterday morning on our State ARES net:
<EOT>
cjniV<BEL>elKI IlMowIaiBh<NUL>
<STX>
MSG TO FOLLOW USING THIS MODE
DE KB1SWW

<EOT>
<NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL><NUL>-lh t o<194><190>tepyEb J t2<NUL>
<STX>

... start
[WRAP:beg][WRAP:lf][WRAP:fn KB1SWW-20191019-075740L-17.fstm2s]<flmsg>4.0.10
:hdr_fm:22
KB1SWW 20191910115744
:hdr_ed:22
KB1SWW 20191910115744
<storm_wx>
:date:10 2019-10-19
:time:4 0729
:zone:3 EST
:state:16 NH,New Hampshire
:county:19 Hillsborough (011)
:location HANCOCK
:o_name:3 JON
:o_email:17 jgrosjean@...
:o_tele:12 603.398.0822
:o_profile:12 HAM Operator
:details:65 NICE WEATHER TODAY. LOTS OF LEAVES AND STICKS FROM THE LAST STORM
[WRAP:chksum 9F2F][WRAP:end]
... end

^r
<EOT>