Topics

WEFAX question

Mitch Smith

When I receive WEFAX images they are crooked. They have been this way thorough many versions of fldigi going back several years.

Slant and align are both set to 0. If I change either it just makes the images worse.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm attaching an example.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

--
Mitchell Smith
Chief Engineer

--
Mitchell K Smith
Millstone Forge

Dave

Align moves the image left and right.

Slant should correct for the distortion you show in your image. What version of fldigi are you running?

David

On 3/29/19 1:32 PM, Mitch Smith wrote:
When I receive WEFAX images they are crooked. They have been this way thorough many versions of fldigi going back several years.

Slant and align are both set to 0. If I change either it just makes the images worse.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm attaching an example.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mitch Smith

Currently running 4.0.18.
I'll try slant again as soon as I can. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

Thank you.

On 3/29/2019 14:41, Dave wrote:
Align moves the image left and right.
Slant should correct for the distortion you show in your image. What version of fldigi are you running?
David
On 3/29/19 1:32 PM, Mitch Smith wrote:
When I receive WEFAX images they are crooked. They have been this way thorough many versions of fldigi going back several years.

Slant and align are both set to 0. If I change either it just makes the images worse.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm attaching an example.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
---

Ed Gabbard

I think your just a tad off frequency the way it sounds. Try fine tuning it.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 1:41 PM, Dave
<w1hkj@...> wrote:
Align moves the image left and right.

Slant should correct for the distortion you show in your image. What
version of fldigi are you running?

David

On 3/29/19 1:32 PM, Mitch Smith wrote:
> When I receive WEFAX images they are crooked. They have been this way
> thorough many versions of fldigi going back several years.
>
> Slant and align are both set to 0. If I change either it just makes
> the images worse.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> I'm attaching an example.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.

kd8ftr@...

Step 1 is calibration of the sound card. Use NIST signal and set fldigi to wwv let it run a while to verify a vertical line on the scope.
Step 2 is adjusting the slant while receiving. This will compensate for the timing difference from processing. Once set your future receiptions will be correct

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 2:35 PM, Mitch Smith
<m.smith64@...> wrote:
When I receive WEFAX images they are crooked. They have been this way
thorough many versions of fldigi going back several years.

Slant and align are both set to 0. If I change either it just makes the
images worse.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm attaching an example.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

--
Mitchell Smith
Chief Engineer
M/V Elizabeth Anne

--
Mitchell K Smith
Millstone Forge
5197 Millstone Rd
Monroeton, PA  18832
570-265-0673
KB3GKC

Mitch Smith

Thanks!
I think this is my problem. I'll let you know the results.

Mitch
kb3gkc

<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>
<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> Virus-free. www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>