Topics

Two instances fldigi and flrig - last little detail missing???

Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)

Dave and All NBEMS gurus,

I am using fldigi and flrig on a Dell XPS 8900 w i7 6700 3.4GHz CPU with 8GB of RAM. OS is Win 10 Pro v1909.

Successfully have set up and can run two separate configurations of fldigi 4.1.12.12 alpha and flrig 1.3.50.07. One configuration works with and controls an IC-9700, the other configuration works with an IC-7300. I have each instance of fldigi configured to start an appropriate instance of flrig. Run as a single instance, fldigi properly spawns flrig and the pair works well with the desired radio.  

However. If I start a first instance of the fldigi/flrig pair, for example for the IC-7300, then try to run a second concurrent instance for the IC-9700, the second instance of fldigi always locks on to the first instance of flrig. This leaves me without control of the second rig. Interestingly, doing this within the HRD suite is a piece of cake.

There does not seem to be an obvious way to key the second instance of fldigi to look for the second instance of flrig that it spawns with the autostart feature.

How do I get those two instances of fldigi linked to the correct instance of flrig? There must be some sort of obscure command line parm I am missing.

I have looked in all the obvious documentation sources (that I am aware of) and have drawn a blank card. Short of digging into the config files and source for fldigi, is there a way to solve this problem? Either gentle direction to the correct documentation/section or a brief explanation would be real helpful in getting this last little detail sorted out.

Thanks in advance and 73,

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

The Museum Ship USCGC Taney WHEC-37 Amateur Radio Group

From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 23:21
To: ham-software@...; ham-mac <ham-mac@...>; winfldigi <winfldigi@groups.io>; linuxham@groups.io; nbems@groups.io
Subject: [nbems]

posted at http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi

fix to Winkeyer bug reported by W3NR and W3YJ.

Mon May 18 21:52:00 2020 - alpha 4.1.12.12

cw prosign
    * fix loss of prosign AA
      - conflict with Northern European accented characters

Analysis mode
    * Add Zulu time readout to status bar

Debug Sources
    * remove bMOREINFO
    * add "Data Load" toggle to Debug sources
    * add "Synop" toggle to Debug sources
    * add "KML" toggle to Debug sources
    * remove deprecated command line parameters
      - --debug-pskmail, use debug source ARQ
      - --debug-audio, use debug source AUDIO
    * redesign Event Log dialog to make selection
      of level and sources more intuitive

wefax
    * Modify phasing algorithm to measure, analyze and act upon ratio of
      white and black intervals.
    * Change default center frequency to 1900.  Allows detection of start
      tone @ 300 Hz, stop tone @ 450 Hz.
    * Simplify FM detector.  Use complex functions vice I/Q logic
    * Redesign user interface
      - always use internal Rx panel
      - always use external Tx dialog
      - move infrequently used controls to configuration dialog
    * Rewrite pic and image classes
    * Add user correlation control to config panel
    * Correct transmit methods
      - Start/Stop signals not in spec
      - Transmit duration computation resulted in very long transmission

README update
    * update reference to winfldigi

fedora 64 build
    * remove Fl::awake calls that require void* data
    * replace with REQ qrunner calls

Code cleanup
    * remove extraneous debugging lines from code

fsq sounder
    * restore sounder when starting FSQ from another modem

Default event log level
    * restore INFO as default
    * change socket events to VERBOSE

rx_extract
    * imrove behavior servicing multiple instances of flmsg

73, David, W1HKJ

kd8ftr@...

If I recall correctly I had separate directories for each rig and set internal ports to run each separately. I can't confirm setup as that computer crashed and I don't currently have full setup.
Rob
Kd8ftr

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 11:54 AM, Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)
<kd4iz@...> wrote:

I am using fldigi and flrig on a Dell XPS 8900 w i7 6700 3.4GHz CPU with 8GB of RAM. OS is Win 10 Pro v1909.

Successfully have set up and can run two separate configurations of fldigi 4.1.12.12 alpha and flrig 1.3.50.07. One configuration works with and controls an IC-9700, the other configuration works with an IC-7300. I have each instance of fldigi configured to start an appropriate instance of flrig. Run as a single instance, fldigi properly spawns flrig and the pair works well with the desired radio.  

However. If I start a first instance of the fldigi/flrig pair, for example for the IC-7300, then try to run a second concurrent instance for the IC-9700, the second instance of fldigi always locks on to the first instance of flrig. This leaves me without control of the second rig. Interestingly, doing this within the HRD suite is a piece of cake.

There does not seem to be an obvious way to key the second instance of fldigi to look for the second instance of flrig that it spawns with the autostart feature.

How do I get those two instances of fldigi linked to the correct instance of flrig? There must be some sort of obscure command line parm I am missing.

I have looked in all the obvious documentation sources (that I am aware of) and have drawn a blank card. Short of digging into the config files and source for fldigi, is there a way to solve this problem? Either gentle direction to the correct documentation/section or a brief explanation would be real helpful in getting this last little detail sorted out.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

To: ham-software@...; ham-mac <ham-mac@...>; winfldigi <winfldigi@groups.io>; linuxham@groups.io; nbems@groups.io

cw prosign
    * fix loss of prosign AA

Analysis mode

Debug Sources
    * remove bMOREINFO

wefax

README update

fedora 64 build

Code cleanup

fsq sounder

Default event log level

rx_extract

73, David, W1HKJ

Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)

Rob,

That is exactly what I have done, for flrig with:

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\flrig-1.3.50.07\flrig.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\flrig.ic7300  -and-
  2. "C:\Program Files (x86)\flrig-1.3.50.07\flrig.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\flrig.ic9700

And for fldigi:

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fldigi-4.1.12.10\fldigi.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\fldigi.ic7300 -and-
  2. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fldigi-4.1.12.10\fldigi.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\fldigi.ic9700

In the example above, “myuser” is typed in place of my real user ID for security.

It did not seem to make any difference whether the directory name string after –config-dir was put in quotes or not, so I left it as is.

I can call both configurations of flrig as concurrent instances and they will each directly control the appropriate radio. The problem come when I use two instances of fldigi. The second instance of fldigi always comes up linking to the first instance of flrig, but not to the second as desired. It also shuts down the first instance of flrig, leaving the second one running. This has to be because I have missed an obscure fldigi setting, possibly on the control line. BTW, each instance of fldigi DOES use the correct radio that is configured for it.

Thanks for looking at it though.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> On Behalf Of kd8ftr via groups.io
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 11:59
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nbems] Two instances fldigi and flrig - last little detail missing???

If I recall correctly I had separate directories for each rig and set internal ports to run each separately. I can't confirm setup as that computer crashed and I don't currently have full setup.

Rob

Kd8ftr

<kd4iz@...> wrote:

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

cw prosign
    * fix loss of prosign AA

Analysis mode

Debug Sources
    * remove bMOREINFO

wefax

README update

fedora 64 build

Code cleanup

fsq sounder

Default event log level

rx_extract

73, David, W1HKJ

Larry Levesque

Are you changing the port in the configuration settings on the second running instance of fldigi and flmsg to something different from the original?

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 12:41:58PM -0400, Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ) wrote:
Rob,

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\flrig-1.3.50.07\flrig.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\flrig.ic7300 -and-
2. "C:\Program Files (x86)\flrig-1.3.50.07\flrig.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\flrig.ic9700

And for fldigi:

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fldigi-4.1.12.10\fldigi.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\fldigi.ic7300 -and-
2. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fldigi-4.1.12.10\fldigi.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\fldigi.ic9700

In the example above, “myuser” is typed in place of my real user ID for security.

It did not seem to make any difference whether the directory name string after –config-dir was put in quotes or not, so I left it as is.

I can call both configurations of flrig as concurrent instances and they will each directly control the appropriate radio. The problem come when I use two instances of fldigi. The second instance of fldigi always comes up linking to the first instance of flrig, but not to the second as desired. It also shuts down the first instance of flrig, leaving the second one running. This has to be because I have missed an obscure fldigi setting, possibly on the control line. BTW, each instance of fldigi DOES use the correct radio that is configured for it.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

Subject: Re: [nbems] Two instances fldigi and flrig - last little detail missing???

Rob

Kd8ftr

<@flyingfrawg <mailto:@flyingfrawg> > wrote:

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

From: nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io> <nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io> > On Behalf Of Dave
To: ham-software@... <mailto:ham-software@...> ; ham-mac <ham-mac@... <mailto:ham-mac@...> >; winfldigi <winfldigi@groups.io <mailto:winfldigi@groups.io> >; linuxham@groups.io <mailto:linuxham@groups.io> ; nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io>

* fldigi-4.1.12.12.tar.gz <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12.tar.gz>
* fldigi-4.1.12.12_i386.dmg <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_i386.dmg>
* fldigi-4.1.12.12_setup.exe <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_setup.exe>
* fldigi-4.1.12.12_x86_64.dmg <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_x86_64.dmg>

cw prosign
* fix loss of prosign AA

Analysis mode

Debug Sources
* remove bMOREINFO

wefax
* Change default center frequency to 1900. Allows detection of start
* Simplify FM detector. Use complex functions vice I/Q logic

README update

fedora 64 build

Code cleanup

fsq sounder

Default event log level

rx_extract

73, David, W1HKJ

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM

Dave

Jack etal,

You will have to do a bit of surgery on the flrig configuration files to simultaneously run two or more instances of both flrig and fldigi, with unique socket connections.

For each flrig/fldigi pair to be run concurrently:

• You should already have a unique folder for the flrig configuration.  On windows this is accomplished by adding a unique "--config-dir pathname-to-folder" to the desktop icon preferences control "Target:".  Start flrig using the target icon.  Then close flrig.
  • Open the file finder to pathname-to-folder and then open the file "flrig.prefs" with a programmer's editor (ASCII editor).
    • Add a single configuration item (line) to the file "flrig.prefs"
    • xml_port:nn
    • where nn is the port number, default is 12345
  • Start the fldigi that is to be keyed to this flrig
  • Open the flrig configuration tab

and change the Port # to the one that you assigned to the respective flrig.  Disable and then re-enable the flrig xcvr control checkbox.
  • Save the fldigi configuration and exit.

You should then be able to run each flrig/fldigi pair concurrently.

73, David, W1HKJ

P.S.  Shout if you have problems.

kd8ftr@...

Larry,
 Dave describes exactly what I meant by changing the port. If both port numbers are the same they're both talking to the same instance of the software. Change your port number on FL rig and your config line on FL Digi. Give that a shot and holler back.
Rob
Kd8ftr

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:06 PM, Dave
<w1hkj@...> wrote:

Jack etal,

You will have to do a bit of surgery on the flrig configuration files to simultaneously run two or more instances of both flrig and fldigi, with unique socket connections.

• You should already have a unique folder for the flrig configuration.  On windows this is accomplished by adding a unique "--config-dir pathname-to-folder" to the desktop icon preferences control "Target:".  Start flrig using the target icon.  Then close flrig.
  • Open the file finder to pathname-to-folder and then open the file "flrig.prefs" with a programmer's editor (ASCII editor).

and change the Port # to the one that you assigned to the respective flrig.  Disable and then re-enable the flrig xcvr control checkbox.

73, David, W1HKJ

Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)

Larry,

I am not sure of what you are asking here exactly... My configurations would not work correctly as a single instance if I had not configured them each separately.

The USB "virtual" COM ports presented by each rig are the ones I am using for rig control and for sound. The two radios have different com port assignments. The sound device used for digital mode modulation is generated internally by ICOM sound circuitry. I do not have an external sound device involved with either rig. Each rig has its own sound device listing as assigned by Windoze 10.

Basically, how I set up each instance of flrig and fldigi to talk to the correct rig is not a problem. The problem is how the configuration directs a given instance of fldigi to talk with the matching instance of flrig.

Please see the explanation in the note Dave wrote in answer to my question.

Thanks for trying to help.

Jack - KD4iZ

-----Original Message-----
From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Levesque
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 15:46

Are you changing the port in the configuration settings on the second running instance of fldigi and flmsg to something different from the original?
Rob,

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\flrig-1.3.50.07\flrig.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\flrig.ic7300 -and-

And for fldigi:

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

Rob

Kd8ftr

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

From: nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io> <nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io> > On Behalf Of Dave
To: ham-software@... <mailto:ham-software@...> ; ham-mac <ham-mac@... <mailto:ham-mac@...> >; winfldigi <winfldigi@groups.io <mailto:winfldigi@groups.io> >; linuxham@groups.io <mailto:linuxham@groups.io> ; nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io>

* fldigi-4.1.12.12.tar.gz <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12.tar.gz>
* fldigi-4.1.12.12_i386.dmg <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_i386.dmg>
* fldigi-4.1.12.12_setup.exe <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_setup.exe>
* fldigi-4.1.12.12_x86_64.dmg <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_x86_64.dmg>

cw prosign
* fix loss of prosign AA

Analysis mode

Debug Sources
* remove bMOREINFO

wefax

README update

fedora 64 build

Code cleanup

fsq sounder

Default event log level

rx_extract

73, David, W1HKJ

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM

Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)

Hi Dave,

Many thanks! Works a treat.

Exactly what I needed! Where was it buried in the documentation?

Jack – KD4IZ

Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 16:07

Jack etal,

73, David, W1HKJ

Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)

Forgot to add that all I did was to increment the port assignment for the IC-9700 by 1 to 12346 in the flrig.prefs file for that instance.

-j – kd4iz

Jack etal,

73, David, W1HKJ

Larry Levesque

I was saying exactly what Dave was but he was a bit more detailed in his explanation.
glad you got it working.

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 05:21:35PM -0400, Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ) wrote:
Larry,

I am not sure of what you are asking here exactly... My configurations would not work correctly as a single instance if I had not configured them each separately.

The USB "virtual" COM ports presented by each rig are the ones I am using for rig control and for sound. The two radios have different com port assignments. The sound device used for digital mode modulation is generated internally by ICOM sound circuitry. I do not have an external sound device involved with either rig. Each rig has its own sound device listing as assigned by Windoze 10.

Basically, how I set up each instance of flrig and fldigi to talk to the correct rig is not a problem. The problem is how the configuration directs a given instance of fldigi to talk with the matching instance of flrig.

Jack - KD4iZ

Rob,

And for fldigi:

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

Rob

Kd8ftr

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

cw prosign
* fix loss of prosign AA

Analysis mode

Debug Sources
* remove bMOREINFO

wefax

README update

fedora 64 build

Code cleanup

fsq sounder

Default event log level

rx_extract

73, David, W1HKJ

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM

Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)

So for those have been intently following and wondering if this is possible, it is.

First follow the instructions that have been repeated many times that will create separate instances of flrig and fldigi assigned to each of the radios you want to control and use with the two programs.

Test them to make sure all port assignments and sound device assignments are correct.

Then follow Dave’s instructions in the email thread below to get the following:

I may take a hack at a quick illustrated step by step  “How To” if the time presents itself.

Jack – KD4IZ

From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 17:36

Forgot to add that all I did was to increment the port assignment for the IC-9700 by 1 to 12346 in the flrig.prefs file for that instance.

-j – kd4iz

Jack etal,

73, David, W1HKJ

Marvin Penepent

You got some exelant advise on this.

Larry KF5MLP

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 5/22/2020 4:21:35 PM

Larry,

Jack - KD4iZ

Rob,

And for fldigi:

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

Rob

Kd8ftr

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

cw prosign
* fix loss of prosign AA

Analysis mode

Debug Sources
* remove bMOREINFO

wefax

README update

fedora 64 build

Code cleanup

fsq sounder

Default event log level

rx_extract

73, David, W1HKJ

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM

K4IVE

In Linux, I just use two USB sound cards and each radio has its own interface as TTYUSB0 and -USB1.

Kevin
K4IVE

Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 at 6:53 PM
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nbems] Two instances fldigi and flrig - last little detail missing???
You got some exelant advise on this.

Larry KF5MLP

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 5/22/2020 4:21:35 PM
Subject: Re: [nbems] Two instances fldigi and flrig - last little detail
missing???

>Larry,
>
>I am not sure of what you are asking here exactly... My configurations would not work correctly as a single instance if I had not configured them each separately.
>
>The USB "virtual" COM ports presented by each rig are the ones I am using for rig control and for sound. The two radios have different com port assignments. The sound device used for digital mode modulation is generated internally by ICOM sound circuitry. I do not have an external sound device involved with either rig. Each rig has its own sound device listing as assigned by Windoze 10.
>
>Basically, how I set up each instance of flrig and fldigi to talk to the correct rig is not a problem. The problem is how the configuration directs a given instance of fldigi to talk with the matching instance of flrig.
>
>Please see the explanation in the note Dave wrote in answer to my question.
>
>Thanks for trying to help.
>
>Jack - KD4iZ
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Levesque
>Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 15:46
>To: nbems@groups.io
>Subject: Re: [nbems] Two instances fldigi and flrig - last little detail missing???
>
>Are you changing the port in the configuration settings on the second running instance of fldigi and flmsg to something different from the original?
>On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 12:41:58PM -0400, Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ) wrote:
>> Rob,
>>
>>
>>
>> That is exactly what I have done, for flrig with:
>>
>> 1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\flrig-1.3.50.07\flrig.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\flrig.ic7300 -and-
>> 2. "C:\Program Files (x86)\flrig-1.3.50.07\flrig.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\flrig.ic9700
>>
>> And for fldigi:
>>
>> 1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fldigi-4.1.12.10\fldigi.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\fldigi.ic7300 -and-
>> 2. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fldigi-4.1.12.10\fldigi.exe" --config-dir C:\Users\myuser\fldigi.ic9700
>>
>>
>>
>> In the example above, “myuser” is typed in place of my real user ID for security.
>>
>> It did not seem to make any difference whether the directory name string after –config-dir was put in quotes or not, so I left it as is.
>>
>>
>>
>> I can call both configurations of flrig as concurrent instances and they will each directly control the appropriate radio. The problem come when I use two instances of fldigi. The second instance of fldigi always comes up linking to the first instance of flrig, but not to the second as desired. It also shuts down the first instance of flrig, leaving the second one running. This has to be because I have missed an obscure fldigi setting, possibly on the control line. BTW, each instance of fldigi DOES use the correct radio that is configured for it.
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks for looking at it though.
>>
>>
>>
>> Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
>>
>> Trustee for NR3DT
>>
>> The Museum Ship USCGC Taney WHEC-37 Amateur Radio Group
>>
>>
>>
>> From: nbems@groups.io <nbems@groups.io> On Behalf Of kd8ftr via groups.io
>> Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 11:59
>> To: nbems@groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nbems] Two instances fldigi and flrig - last little detail missing???
>>
>>
>>
>> If I recall correctly I had separate directories for each rig and set internal ports to run each separately. I can't confirm setup as that computer crashed and I don't currently have full setup.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> Kd8ftr
>>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 11:54 AM, Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)
>>
>> <kd4iz@... <mailto:kd4iz@...> > wrote:
>>
>> Dave and All NBEMS gurus,
>>
>>
>>
>> I am using fldigi and flrig on a Dell XPS 8900 w i7 6700 3.4GHz CPU with 8GB of RAM. OS is Win 10 Pro v1909.
>>
>>
>>
>> Successfully have set up and can run two separate configurations of fldigi 4.1.12.12 alpha and flrig 1.3.50.07. One configuration works with and controls an IC-9700, the other configuration works with an IC-7300. I have each instance of fldigi configured to start an appropriate instance of flrig. Run as a single instance, fldigi properly spawns flrig and the pair works well with the desired radio.
>>
>>
>>
>> However. If I start a first instance of the fldigi/flrig pair, for example for the IC-7300, then try to run a second concurrent instance for the IC-9700, the second instance of fldigi always locks on to the first instance of flrig. This leaves me without control of the second rig. Interestingly, doing this within the HRD suite is a piece of cake.
>>
>>
>>
>> There does not seem to be an obvious way to key the second instance of fldigi to look for the second instance of flrig that it spawns with the autostart feature.
>>
>>
>>
>> How do I get those two instances of fldigi linked to the correct instance of flrig? There must be some sort of obscure command line parm I am missing.
>>
>>
>>
>> I have looked in all the obvious documentation sources (that I am aware of) and have drawn a blank card. Short of digging into the config files and source for fldigi, is there a way to solve this problem? Either gentle direction to the correct documentation/section or a brief explanation would be real helpful in getting this last little detail sorted out.
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance and 73,
>>
>>
>>
>> Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
>>
>> Trustee for NR3DT
>>
>> The Museum Ship USCGC Taney WHEC-37 Amateur Radio Group
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> From: nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io> <nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io> > On Behalf Of Dave
>> Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 23:21
>> To: ham-software@... <mailto:ham-software@...> ; ham-mac <ham-mac@... <mailto:ham-mac@...> >; winfldigi <winfldigi@groups.io <mailto:winfldigi@groups.io> >; linuxham@groups.io <mailto:linuxham@groups.io> ; nbems@groups.io <mailto:nbems@groups.io>
>> Subject: [nbems]
>>
>>
>>
>> posted at http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi
>>
>> * fldigi-4.1.12.12.tar.gz <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12.tar.gz>
>> * fldigi-4.1.12.12_i386.dmg <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_i386.dmg>
>> * fldigi-4.1.12.12_setup.exe <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_setup.exe>
>> * fldigi-4.1.12.12_x86_64.dmg <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.12.12_x86_64.dmg>
>>
>> fix to Winkeyer bug reported by W3NR and W3YJ.
>>
>> Mon May 18 21:52:00 2020 - alpha 4.1.12.12
>>
>> cw prosign
>> * fix loss of prosign AA
>> - conflict with Northern European accented characters
>>
>> Analysis mode
>> * Add Zulu time readout to status bar
>>
>> Debug Sources
>> * remove bMOREINFO
>> * add "Data Load" toggle to Debug sources
>> * add "Synop" toggle to Debug sources
>> * add "KML" toggle to Debug sources
>> * remove deprecated command line parameters
>> - --debug-pskmail, use debug source ARQ
>> - --debug-audio, use debug source AUDIO
>> * redesign Event Log dialog to make selection
>> of level and sources more intuitive
>>
>> wefax
>> * Modify phasing algorithm to measure, analyze and act upon ratio of
>> white and black intervals.
>> * Change default center frequency to 1900. Allows detection of start
>> tone @ 300 Hz, stop tone @ 450 Hz.
>> * Simplify FM detector. Use complex functions vice I/Q logic
>> * Redesign user interface
>> - always use internal Rx panel
>> - always use external Tx dialog
>> - move infrequently used controls to configuration dialog
>> * Rewrite pic and image classes
>> * Add user correlation control to config panel
>> * Correct transmit methods
>> - Start/Stop signals not in spec
>> - Transmit duration computation resulted in very long transmission
>>
>> README update
>> * update reference to winfldigi
>>
>> fedora 64 build
>> * remove Fl::awake calls that require void* data
>> * replace with REQ qrunner calls
>>
>> Code cleanup
>> * remove extraneous debugging lines from code
>>
>> fsq sounder
>> * restore sounder when starting FSQ from another modem
>>
>> Default event log level
>> * restore INFO as default
>> * change socket events to VERBOSE
>>
>> rx_extract
>> * imrove behavior servicing multiple instances of flmsg
>>
>> 73, David, W1HKJ
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>--
>Larry Levesque
>KA1VGM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Dave

It was not Jack.  But I will add it to both flrig and fldigi.

Dave

On 5/22/20 4:33 PM, Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ) wrote:

Hi Dave,

Jack – KD4IZ

Jack etal,

73, David, W1HKJ

Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)

Dave,

A low level “add” request for flrig: could the ability to set the port number be added to the appropriate page of the configuration menu? 

Would prevent people from having to grub around at the low level in the .prefs file.

Perhaps and “advanced settings” page added?

Jack - KD4IZ 

On May 22, 2020, at 21:00, Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:

It was not Jack.  But I will add it to both flrig and fldigi.

Dave

On 5/22/20 4:33 PM, Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ) wrote:

Hi Dave,

Jack – KD4IZ

Jack etal,

<image001.png>

73, David, W1HKJ

Dave

Yes.

I will add your email address to my list of flrig testers.

Dave

On 5/22/20 9:43 PM, Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ) wrote:
Dave,

A low level “add” request for flrig: could the ability to set the port number be added to the appropriate page of the configuration menu? 

Would prevent people from having to grub around at the low level in the .prefs file.

Perhaps and “advanced settings” page added?

Jack - KD4IZ