Topics

Setting up Sylpheed account

"seelyev" <SeelyF@...>

Could someone go thru the settings for a new email account on
Sylpheed. In particular, what do I input for "Server information" I'm
using a home computer and aol.

Thanks

Ed <autek@...>

seelyev wrote:
Could someone go thru the settings for a new email account on Sylpheed. In particular, what do I input for "Server information" I'm using a home computer and aol.
Thanks
Do you by chance have a callsign ????

Ed W3NR

"Bill - N8ET" <n8et@...>

Hi Ed -

I was about to ask the same question of some folks for PSKmail, so I am
quietly watching this list for someone to hopefully answer.

--
73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US

"kh6ty" <hteller@...>

Bill,

From this page:

http://help.channels.aol.com/kjump.adp?articleId=217449

E-mail Application Setup Basics
Setting up access to the AOL� or AIM� Mail servers is simple, and the settings are similar for most e-mail applications.

The basic information that you need to setup using IMAP and POP3 is as follows:

a.. Your e-mail address is screenname@... or screenname@....
b.. Be sure to include the @... or @... suffix.
c.. The incoming mail (POP) server address is: imap.aol.com and imap.aim.com for IMAP and pop.aol.com or pop.aim.com for POP3.
d.. Check the box for Leaving messages on the server.
e.. The outgoing mail (SMTP) server address is: smtp.aol.com or smtp.aim.com, port: 587.
f.. Your user name is your AOL or AIM screen name.
g.. Your password is your AOL� or AIM� password.

73, Skip KH6TY

seelyev wrote:
Could someone go thru the settings for a new email account on
Sylpheed. In particular, what do I input for "Server information" I'm
using a home computer and aol.

Thanks
Do you by chance have a callsign ????

Ed W3NR

--
73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US
www.kangaus.com
419-423-4604 (Kanga)
419-423-5643 (home)

"Bill - N8ET" <n8et@...>

Hi Skip -

I am actually using gmail and PSKmail...

My problem with PSKmail is getting communications between PSKmail and
Sylpheed set up - I assume that the same sort of setup takes place for
NBEMS.

I can see the e-mails coming thru PSKmail, but they never seem to make it
to Sylpheed - I assume because some file pointer or path is not set correctly
somewhere...

Bill,

From this page:

seelyev wrote:
Could someone go thru the settings for a new email account on
Sylpheed. In particular, what do I input for "Server information" I'm
using a home computer and aol.

Thanks
Do you by chance have a callsign ????

Ed W3NR