Topics

Sending table on Flmsg

Dennis Rosenblitt

I am having trouble sending a small table via Flmsg. I create the table in Excel. I save as a csv file.  I get a message saving to cvs that some formatting will be lost. Then I import the cvs file into Flmsg. I get a mostly unformatted  table in Flmsg. However, if I go to FILE>VIEW >HTML DELIVERY it shows the table fully formatted correctly. Is there some way to get it fully formatted in Flmsg and pop up fully formatted in flmsg when received?
Dennis WD6DSG

wsanders@...

Edited

Flmsg does not have the intrinsic capability of displaying a CSV file as a table. When I view a CSV file in "HTML Delivery" I still see the CSV file with commas and quotes, and with a box around the entire text.

Depending on your exact requirements, you can (in order of difficulty):

- Transfer the CSV file and open the saved CSV file with Excel or other spreadsheet program
- Export your spreadsheet as HTML instead of CSV and transfer the file, then flmsg can open it with all formatting intact in "HTML Delivery". Warning: Spreadsheets saved as HTML can be quite large.
- Use a custom form to send and receive a formatted table.

Jack Dellinger

Even better use FLAMP to send the CSV file.
Jack KC3JD