Topics

Sending files from outside fldigi/flmsg

Art - KC7SDA

I'm trying to write a program that will take a file in a folder and pass it to fldigi/flmsg to send when able

The idea behind this is that I can take a picture with my phone, send it to the pi (thats headless) and it will automatically transmit the image to a command post.

Bob Cameron

Hi Art

Might be worth a look at fldigi-shell. I used it extensively to call a fldigi macro, from a shell script. I did in fact use it to send beacon like data and images at specific (cron) time intervals, but on demand will also work.

Standalone too a SHELL macro in fldigi could be run continuous loop and poll the image folder.

Another possibility is flamp using its auto queue re-read function. ie place the image file in the folder and flamp just "sees and sends".

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

On 26/03/18 04:46, Art - KC7SDA wrote:
I'm trying to write a program that will take a file in a folder and pass it to fldigi/flmsg to send when able

The idea behind this is that I can take a picture with my phone, send it to the pi (thats headless) and it will automatically transmit the image to a command post.

Art - KC7SDA

I'll look into fldigi-shell.

The issue I have about turning 'control' over to an automated process is what happens after it sees a file and sends it? if another file pops up will it send both files? this is why I wanted to use a script on the bluetooth end (it'll run once an incoming file transfer is initiated) to control the entire process, I can save the file, rename it (I could add text or other data to it, whatever people want) and then send when ready. if it misses the 'window' i then have to wait for another go before it can send. then there's the issue about sycronized sending between multiple clients (I've noticed that the timeout feature isn't usually set long enough and there is no recourse for a second try), any issue with sending the file the script can wait a random amount of time (much like aprs works) and resend.

this is a very complicated problem I'm trying to solve and make it 'user friendly' and quite reliable without trying to reinvent the wheel.

Art