Topics

RXID on FLDIGI

John KC4LZN

Looking at variations of digital modes that are out there, it can become very overwhelming to identify them and identifying them off the cuff is difficult when several modes show very similar characteristics in their pattern.

As I understand it, in FLIDIGI, with RXID on, it should display what mode is being transmitted for the modes checked on the ID tab in settings but as I put the bandwidth window on the signal, I don't always see the particular mode being transmitted. Rarely, if ever.

Is that because of poor reception or because the transmitted signal isn't providing the mode within its own transmission?

Al Massaro

John the RSID will change your RX mode for you, it will display a before RSID message for you only when it is received. Got to the user interface setup under ID to setup how you would like it to display and react.
AL M
KF5SMH

John KC4LZN

Al,

All the above... just intermittent in its identification. May not be letting it sit long enough to identify. I'll keep tinkering with it and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.

73
John

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 2:27 PM Al Massaro <almassaro@q.com> wrote:
John the RSID will change your RX mode for you, it will display a before RSID message for you only when it is received. Got to the user interface setup under ID to setup how you would like it to display and react.
AL M
KF5SMH

W2TLJ

Just a note, RXID does not work unless the transmitting station has TXID turned on. Normally I find this is the cause of the non identifying problem.

Tom W2TLJ

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:02 PM John Wilson <kc4lzn@...> wrote:
Al,

All the above... just intermittent in its identification. May not be letting it sit long enough to identify. I'll keep tinkering with it and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.

73
John

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 2:27 PM Al Massaro <almassaro@q.com> wrote:
John the RSID will change your RX mode for you, it will display a before RSID message for you only when it is received. Got to the user interface setup under ID to setup how you would like it to display and react.
AL M
KF5SMH

John KC4LZN

Thanks Tom and because of the sporadic display of the different modes is telling me just that. Stations that I'm seeing with the mode identification have that turned on where the ones I'm not, don't.

Thanks for the input.

73 John

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:49 PM W2TLJ <tjoneson@...> wrote:
[...]

bobmary37 <bobmary37@...>

Well sort of! I have an iMac computer. Is there a Mac version of fldigi? I have an FT991, can I get cat control with my Mac?