Topics

Question regarding the Help-Custom Forms Download

Randy Allen

I have FLMSG 4.0.14.08 installed (Windows 10, Chrome primary browser).

Just playing around with it prior to yesterday's Red Cross communications drill and I clicked on the <HELP><CUSTOM FORMS DOWNLOAD> button.  It took me to a Yahoo page:

and received the message:  "This Yahoo group does not exist. You can find groups to join or create a new group".

I know that Yahoo basically abandoned groups which is way we are on groups.io.

Should this button then be pointing to an equivalent page on groups.io?  Or did I miss a discussion about this?

Thanks

Randy KA0AZS

geocarbonell

When you take the online testing - thar should help

http://aa9pw.com/cgi-bin/exam2011.cgi

extra exam online

73
N1RMF

On May 31, 2020, at 6:15 PM, Randy Allen <ka0azs@...> wrote:

I have FLMSG 4.0.14.08 installed (Windows 10, Chrome primary browser).

Just playing around with it prior to yesterday's Red Cross communications drill and I clicked on the <HELP><CUSTOM FORMS DOWNLOAD> button. It took me to a Yahoo page:

and received the message: "This Yahoo group does not exist. You can find groups to join or create a new group".

I know that Yahoo basically abandoned groups which is way we are on groups.io.

Should this button then be pointing to an equivalent page on groups.io? Or did I miss a discussion about this?

Thanks

Randy KA0AZS

Jim

From the FLMSG Menu bar......

Form > Red Cross > Download from Source Forge or Download from W1HKJ website

The Custom Forms are copied in the NBEMS.file/CUSTOM directory.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/flmsg/templates/Red_Cross_flms
g_installation_01-18-16.pdf/download

73,
Jim WA4VGZ

[...]

vh2

I let Dave know about that earlier this month. In the meantime, the files are here: https://groups.io/g/nbems/files/Custom_flmsg_forms

Vince N2JRS

I have FLMSG 4.0.14.08 installed (Windows 10, Chrome primary browser).

Just playing around with it prior to yesterday's Red Cross
communications drill and I clicked on the <HELP><CUSTOM FORMS DOWNLOAD>
button.  It took me to a Yahoo page:

and received the message:  "This Yahoo group does not exist. You can
find groups to join or create a new group".

I know that Yahoo basically abandoned groups which is way we are on
groups.io.

Should this button then be pointing to an equivalent page on groups.io?
Or did I miss a discussion about this?

Thanks

Randy KA0AZS

Jim

Sorry looks like part of the link was cut off. Hope this works. Or just
copy and paste into browser.

[...]

Thank.

I have the forms in my Custom directory and used them during the Red Cross exercise yesterday.  Thanks for the link however.

My point was identifying basically a dead link in the Help drop down menu as a possible bug report.

73

Randy KA0AZS

On 5/31/2020 20:02, Jim wrote:
From the FLMSG Menu bar......
[...]

Vince,

Thanks, that was my point, identifying basically a dead link.

I have the files downloaded to my Custom directory using the links in the  Red Cross sub menu of Forms. I was able to successful send and receive them during yesterday's Red Cross exercise.

73

Randy KA0AZS

On 5/31/2020 20:06, vh2 wrote:

I let Dave know about that earlier this month. In the meantime, the files are here: https://groups.io/g/nbems/files/Custom_flmsg_forms

Vince N2JRS

I have FLMSG 4.0.14.08 installed (Windows 10, Chrome primary browser).

Just playing around with it prior to yesterday's Red Cross
communications drill and I clicked on the <HELP><CUSTOM FORMS DOWNLOAD>
button.  It took me to a Yahoo page:

and received the message:  "This Yahoo group does not exist. You can
find groups to join or create a new group".

I know that Yahoo basically abandoned groups which is way we are on
groups.io.

Should this button then be pointing to an equivalent page on groups.io?
Or did I miss a discussion about this?

Thanks

Randy KA0AZS

Randy Allen

I'm sorry, but I seem to be missing something here.

What does the Extra exam have to do with reporting a potential bug in FLMSG?

I passed my Extra exam in 2000, but thanks for the link.

73

Randy KA0AZS

On 5/31/2020 19:37, geocarbonell wrote:
When you take the online testing - thar should help

http://aa9pw.com/cgi-bin/exam2011.cgi

extra exam online

73
N1RMF

On May 31, 2020, at 6:15 PM, Randy Allen <ka0azs@...> wrote:

I have FLMSG 4.0.14.08 installed (Windows 10, Chrome primary browser).

Just playing around with it prior to yesterday's Red Cross communications drill and I clicked on the <HELP><CUSTOM FORMS DOWNLOAD> button. It took me to a Yahoo page:

and received the message: "This Yahoo group does not exist. You can find groups to join or create a new group".

I know that Yahoo basically abandoned groups which is way we are on groups.io.

Should this button then be pointing to an equivalent page on groups.io? Or did I miss a discussion about this?

Thanks

Randy KA0AZS

Thank you Randy.  I will update the link.

David, W1HKJ

On 5/31/20 10:45 PM, Randy Allen wrote:
Thank.

I have the forms in my Custom directory and used them during the Red Cross exercise yesterday.  Thanks for the link however.

My point was identifying basically a dead link in the Help drop down menu as a possible bug report.

73

Randy KA0AZS

Randy Allen

Thanks Dave!

New version downloaded  and the link works fine.

I appreciate the work you do on this.

73

Randy KA0AZS