Topics

Problem with WX report section

Ralph Alden Brigham

Greetings All,

Semi-dumb query - how do I get FLdigi to produce a METARS report for a
local airfield? I can not get the proper URL to stay in the XML file for FLdigi.

Also the default URL report is over three years out of date.

Dave, I am trying to get KHSV, KHUA, and KMDQ to show up - help.

PS. Army MARS

-- ***** ---
Ralph Brigham KG4CSQ -- EM64RQ2OOQ
W5YI VE 33080; ARRL VE
ARRL #1000033463
ARES/RACES SKYWARN
(931) 906-9277
-- ****

Dave

or

if the macro is <WX>

In either case the access URL must be as shown above.

Dave

On 12/5/19 10:37 AM, Ralph Alden Brigham wrote:
	Greetings All,

	Semi-dumb query - how do I get FLdigi to produce a METARS report for a
local airfield?  I can not get the proper URL to stay in the XML file for FLdigi.

	Also the default URL report is over three years out of date.

	Dave, I am trying to get KHSV, KHUA, and KMDQ to show up - help.

	PS.  Army MARS

-- ***** ---
Ralph Brigham KG4CSQ -- EM64RQ2OOQ
W5YI VE  33080;  ARRL VE
ARRL #1000033463
ARES/RACES SKYWARN
(931) 906-9277
-- ****

Ron

Ralph,

There was a change in the WX URL. Here's a screen shot of my setup.

Then change the station ID code to what you want.

73, Ron NY3J

On 12/5/2019 11:37 AM, Ralph Alden Brigham wrote:
	Greetings All,

	Semi-dumb query - how do I get FLdigi to produce a METARS report for a
local airfield?  I can not get the proper URL to stay in the XML file for FLdigi.

	Also the default URL report is over three years out of date.

	Dave, I am trying to get KHSV, KHUA, and KMDQ to show up - help.

	PS.  Army MARS

-- ***** ---
Ralph Brigham KG4CSQ -- EM64RQ2OOQ
W5YI VE  33080;  ARRL VE
ARRL #1000033463
ARES/RACES SKYWARN
(931) 906-9277
-- ****

Dave

The URL is an https site but if you omit the 's' fldigi will correct the URL before sending the inquiry.

https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observations/metar/decoded/

is the default on the current distribution version of fldigi.

Dave

Ron

Thanks Dave,

Yep, it did correct the URL without the S. I always knew Fldigi was smarter than I was HIHI.

73, Ron NY3J