Topics

Problem with Mac OSX, FLDigi, and flmsg

Rick Shuster

After receiving a flmsg and adding information to that message I can not transmit the message by clicking the "AutoSend" tab.  I am able to transmit data within FLDigi with no issues.  Also, flmsg will also crash without warning.

I am using the following:

flmsg 4.0.10.04

flamp 2.2.04

flwrap1.3.5

The above autostart from FLDigi 4.1.05.04

MacBook Air (Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks!

Rick - WD8SAB

Dave

Please upgrade to the latest postings for flmsg, flamp, fldigi.

http://www.w1hkj.com/files/

73, David, W1HKJ

On 7/30/19 9:41 AM, Rick Shuster wrote:

After receiving a flmsg and adding information to that message I can not transmit the message by clicking the "AutoSend" tab.  I am able to transmit data within FLDigi with no issues.  Also, flmsg will also crash without warning.

I am using the following:

flmsg 4.0.10.04

flamp 2.2.04

flwrap1.3.5

The above autostart from FLDigi 4.1.05.04

MacBook Air (Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks!

Rick - WD8SAB

Rick Shuster

Dave,

I Upgraded the the following:

flmsg 4.0.13

fldigi 4.1.06

flame 2.2.05

Testing afterwards I was not able to "AutoSend" from flmsg.  Also, I experience an "Unexpected Quit" system message for flmsg once.

When I downgraded only flmsg from flmsg 4.0.13 to version 4.0.8 "AutoSend" worked as expected.

As before my system is :

MacBook Air (Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks for your help and support in this matter.

73 - Rick, WD8SAB

Dave

Thanks Rick,  I am testing on 10.13.6 this morning.

Dave

On 8/2/19 10:41 AM, Rick Shuster wrote:

Dave,

I Upgraded the the following:

flmsg 4.0.13

fldigi 4.1.06

flame 2.2.05

Testing afterwards I was not able to "AutoSend" from flmsg.  Also, I experience an "Unexpected Quit" system message for flmsg once.

When I downgraded only flmsg from flmsg 4.0.13 to version 4.0.8 "AutoSend" worked as expected.

As before my system is :

MacBook Air (Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks for your help and support in this matter.

73 - Rick, WD8SAB

Dave

I was able to replicate all of the reported problems, both on 10.13.6 and 10.14.5.  I will be posting a an alpha update to both flmsg and fldigi shortly.

David

On 8/2/19 10:41 AM, Rick Shuster wrote:

Dave,

I Upgraded the the following:

flmsg 4.0.13

fldigi 4.1.06

flame 2.2.05

Testing afterwards I was not able to "AutoSend" from flmsg.  Also, I experience an "Unexpected Quit" system message for flmsg once.

When I downgraded only flmsg from flmsg 4.0.13 to version 4.0.8 "AutoSend" worked as expected.

As before my system is :

MacBook Air (Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks for your help and support in this matter.

73 - Rick, WD8SAB

Brad Biedermann

Bruno,

What version of the mac OS do you have?

I was able to replicate all of the reported problems, both on 10.13.6 and 10.14.5.  I will be posting a an alpha update to both flmsg and fldigi shortly.

David

On 8/2/19 10:41 AM, Rick Shuster wrote:

Dave,

I Upgraded the the following:

flmsg 4.0.13

fldigi 4.1.06

flame 2.2.05

Testing afterwards I was not able to "AutoSend" from flmsg.  Also, I experience an "Unexpected Quit" system message for flmsg once.

When I downgraded only flmsg from flmsg 4.0.13 to version 4.0.8 "AutoSend" worked as expected.

As before my system is :

MacBook Air (Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks for your help and support in this matter.

73 - Rick, WD8SAB

Gil Gibbs

Dave,

I don't want to be a bother, but has anyone developed a Linux Ubuntu version of this control program? I'm cured of Winders, especially 10, the "upgrades" wiped out my Internet browser, email Mozilla programs.

73

Gil WA5YKK

On 8/2/19 3:55 PM, Dave wrote:
I was able to replicate all of the reported problems, both on 10.13.6 and 10.14.5.  I will be posting a an alpha update to both flmsg and fldigi shortly.

David

On 8/2/19 10:41 AM, Rick Shuster wrote:

Dave,

I Upgraded the the following:

flmsg 4.0.13

fldigi 4.1.06

flame 2.2.05

Testing afterwards I was not able to "AutoSend" from flmsg.  Also, I experience an "Unexpected Quit" system message for flmsg once.

When I downgraded only flmsg from flmsg 4.0.13 to version 4.0.8 "AutoSend" worked as expected.

As before my system is :

MacBook Air (Mid 2013)

1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks for your help and support in this matter.

73 - Rick, WD8SAB

david flad

Gil,

Dave makes source available, and it’s been compiled under various Linux distros, as well as for a Rasberry Pi.

Just need to pay attention to the dependencies.

Regards,

David Flad. /. KB3YCK
Emergency Coordinator
Chester County ARES/RACES

On 8/2/19 3:55 PM, Dave wrote:
[...]

Dave,  I have a lot to learn about Linux, Ubuntu, so I'll heed your advice.

Thanks, 73

Gil

On 8/2/19 3:55 PM, Dave wrote:
[...]

Visit the fldigi wiki.  You will find explicit instructions on how to build all of the flxxx programs from source.  Drill down on the HowTo link.

Did you finally retire your Indian?

Dave

On 8/2/19 3:55 PM, Dave wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reference. & I have all my Indians. Three are in a cabin which was just high enough to keep them out of water when "Harvey" drowned the island. Much to do yet, when it's not burning hot, clean out the cabins! We shall see how good they still are.

73

Gil WA5YKK