Topics

[nfares] Rcvd Msgs

Mike Cohen

Dave and the NBEMS Team,

One of our NFARES members, Damon, KK4OFV, installed fldigi 4.1.06 with flmsg 4.0.11 and Rcvd Msgs worked as advertised, so I installed both and can happily state that mine is also working fine now.

Thank you, as always, for promptly and professionally maintaining and upgrading the amazing fldigi suite of programs.

73,
Mike - AD4MC (for NFARES)

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:45 AM Mike Cohen AD4MC via Groups.Io <ad4mc.mike=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
NBEMS Team,
Follow up to my question and your replies:
Checking or unchecking Transfer direct to executing flmsg made no difference.
Uninstalled fldigi 4.1.05 and installed previous versions back 4.1.02 and still no change.
Uninstalled flmsg 4.0.10 and installed previous versions back to 4.0.8 and checking / un-checking made the difference.
Updated fldigi to 4.1.05 and with flmsg 4.0.8, checking / un-checking made the difference.
Using 64 bit Windows 10 Home, Version 1803.
Will stay with flmsg 4.0.8 until cause of issue is resolved.
Thanks, as always, for all your help and guidance.
73,
Mike - AD4MC

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:18 AM Mike Cohen <ad4mc.mike@...> wrote:
NBEMS Team,

A long time ago there was no Rcvd Msgs popup and new instances of flmsg would open with each received message.  Then Rcvd Msgs was created and all new messages were listed in Rcvd Msgs, but no new instances were opened.  The North Fulton (GA) ARES (NFARES) has members who strongly like one or the other.  With the latest versions of fldigi and flmsg, we cannot find the setting(s) that will enable Rcvd Msgs to populate without opening additional instances of flmsg.  (Yes, we have read the manual, but have missed it if it is there. ;-)  If there is an option to select using Rcvd Msgs without opening separate instances of flmsg, please let us know.

Thanks and 73,
Mike - AD4MC (for NFARES)

2b.
Re: Rcvd Msgs
From: Ron
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:00:27 EDT

Mike,

In Fldigi, Configure, Miscellaneous, NBEMS, if you check the box labled Transfer direct to executing flmsg, each flmsg that you receive will appear in a list without opening each one. If you uncheck this box then each Flmsg you receive without errors will open up in a new window.

73, Ron NY3J

 Attachments:
View/Reply Online | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute Topic | Top ^ | New Topic
2c.
Re: Rcvd Msgs
From: Al Womelsdorf
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 15:03:20 EDT

An interesting wrinkle to this is if you do not check this box, then every (correct) message will open a new instance of flmsg, as Ron states. However, if yo DO have it checked, the the FIRST message received will open one (1) instance of flmsg, and populate it with the message. The second received message will open the Rcvd Msgs window, and enter the message in that window. Further messages will not open any more windows, and will add to the list in Rcvd Msgs. Note that the first message received is not in the list (Rcvd Msgs) at all, so if you view a different message, and then wish to go back to the first message, you are out of luck and have to open a file browser of some kind. If, however, you had manually opened an instance of flmsg before any messages are received, then ALL messages get listed in the Rcvd Msgs window. Also note that for some reason, configuring fldigi to automatically start flmsg (like it does for flamp) does not work (Bug?).

My personal preference would be for fldigi to (optionally) open flmsg, just like flamp, and then all messages will get listed in the Rcvd Msgs window and can be viewed at will.

73,  Al  KD2PNR