Topics

New RPi3 Fldigi install on Raspian not showing "Hamradio" menu

Randy Houk

I just wiped an Ubuntu Mate install, due to multiple issues, and replaced with the latest Raspian stretch.

I followed the Wiki instructions to a letter, with no error messages.
I expected to see a Hamradio menu with the NBEMS selections, but it's not there.
I can run Fldigi just fine from the command line.

Last time I did this on another Rpi3 the Hamradio menu appeared.
Any ideas?

Randy, KI6DGU and USCG Auxiliary

Ed W3NR

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:41:27 -0700
"Randy Houk" <realengr@...> wrote:

I just wiped an Ubuntu Mate install, due to multiple issues, and
replaced with the latest Raspian stretch.

I followed the Wiki instructions to a letter, with no error messages.
I expected to see a Hamradio menu with the NBEMS selections, but it's
not there. I can run Fldigi just fine from the command line.

Last time I did this on another Rpi3 the Hamradio menu appeared.
Any ideas?

Randy, KI6DGU and USCG Auxiliary
Google makes it really easy.

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/hamradio/hamradiomenus

Ed W3NR

Marty Hartwell

Hi Randy

I just answered a question like this on the Linuxham group.
From an old build instruction this is copied.

=======================Copied instuction==========
Making things spiffy :>)
System Hamradio Menu
So ... everything is up and running but you want to streamline the desktop and launching the applications. The first to do is to
add a new system menu "Hamradio"

sudo apt-get install extra-xdg-menus

It takes a few seconds to download and install and you now have a new system menu "Hamradio" fully populated by the fl_xxx apps that you have installed.

==============End of copied Instruction=======================

Marty kd8bj

On 03/19/2018 05:41 PM, Randy Houk wrote:
I just wiped an Ubuntu Mate install, due to multiple issues, and replaced with the latest Raspian stretch.
I followed the Wiki instructions to a letter, with no error messages.
I expected to see a Hamradio menu with the NBEMS selections, but it's not there.
I can run Fldigi just fine from the command line.
Last time I did this on another Rpi3 the Hamradio menu appeared.
Any ideas?
Randy, KI6DGU and USCG Auxiliary

Randy Houk

Thanks, Ed.

Randy

"Randy Houk" <realengr@...> wrote:

I just wiped an Ubuntu Mate install, due to multiple issues, and
replaced with the latest Raspian stretch.

I followed the Wiki instructions to a letter, with no error messages.
I expected to see a Hamradio menu with the NBEMS selections, but it's
not there. I can run Fldigi just fine from the command line.

Last time I did this on another Rpi3 the Hamradio menu appeared.
Any ideas?

Randy, KI6DGU and USCG Auxiliary
Google makes it really easy.

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/hamradio/hamradiomenus

Ed W3NR

Randy Houk

Thanks, Marty. That worked fine.

Randy KI6DGU

On 3/19/2018 4:09 PM, Marty Hartwell wrote:
Hi Randy

I just answered a question like this on the Linuxham group.
From an old build instruction this is copied.