Topics

New FLRig

Keith Kaiser

Keith, WA0̷TJT

I installed the new FLRig on my MacBook Pro but in trying to launch I get this. Resetting and trying all the usual things I still get this.

Thoughts

Keith, WA0̷TJT

Dave

What version on the OS

On 12/5/18 10:37 AM, Keith Kaiser wrote:

Keith, WA0̷TJT

I installed the new FLRig on my MacBook Pro but in trying to launch I get this. Resetting and trying all the usual things I still get this.

Thoughts

Keith, WA0̷TJT

Dave

Please test the alpha version dmg found at http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/flrig.

It is specifically compiled for OS-X 10.13 and later and should correct for this startup issue (caused by changes in the way the OS launches the application).

David

Keith Kaiser

The alpha version 1.3.42.01 came right up without any issues.

Dave

Thanks Keith.  macOS Mojave exhibits some strange behavior.  I was not able to replicate the -psn_xxxx command line parameter on my minMac running 10.14, either with the posted dmg (built on 10.13) or with a binary built on 10.14.
  • Are you installing the launcher to /Applications or some other location?
  • Are you launching with a left click on the launcher, or using a right click / menu pick?
  • Are you launching with a left click on a dock icon?
  • Are you launching from a terminal window using something similar to "open /Applications/flrig-1.3.42.01.app"
73, David, W1HKJ

On 12/6/18 9:17 AM, Keith Kaiser wrote:
The alpha version 1.3.42.01 came right up without any issues.

Keith Kaiser

  • Are you installing the launcher to /Applications or some other location?  I’m not sure what the launcher is, probably something I should know or do know by a different name.

  • Are you launching with a left click on the launcher, or using a right click / menu pick?  Again, what is the “launcher”?

  • Are you launching with a left click on a dock icon? I am. I generally keep my Ham related apps in the Doc and use left click to select it.

  • Are you launching from a terminal window using something similar to "open /Applications/flrig-1.3.42.01.app” I’m fairly noble with the terminal as I do a lot of Raspberry Pi work, however I’ve not used it to launch any of the FL apps, including FLRig.

Keith, WA0̷TJT

Dave

By "launcher", I am referring to the application icon which is usually installed to the /Applications folder.

Just trying to understand why I do not see the same behavior on my 10.14 installation.

Dave