Topics

.MP3 Files and FLDigi

Al

GA to all...

Does anyone know if .MP3 files can be sent via FLDigi? If so, How?

Al/ W8TRW

W2TLJ

FLAMP will do this. Consult the FLAMP manual for details.
Tom w2tlj

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019, 15:29 Al <w8trw@...> wrote:
GA to all...

Does anyone know if .MP3 files can be sent via FLDigi? If so, How?

Al/ W8TRW

Al

Apologies... Should have been for clear...

If it's possible, I want to transmit an mp3 audio file. I know FLDigi will do .WAV files but can't figure out how to do mp3...

Al/ W8TRW

Charles Hargrove

FLdigi does not do this. I transmit the Amateur Radio Newsline
broadcast in NYC and I have to use Windows Media Player with the
VOX function of my SignaLink.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 449.025/123.0 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan

Jack Dellinger

Just understand it will take a loonnggg time to send
Jack KC3JD

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 3:29 PM Al <w8trw@...> wrote:
GA to all...

Does anyone know if .MP3 files can be sent via FLDigi? If so, How?

Al/ W8TRW

Bill

Edited

If it's possible, I want to transmit an mp3 audio file. I know FLDigi will do .WAV files but can't figure out how to do mp3...

Al,

I'm still a little confused.

Do you wish to transmit an MP3 file, such as a song, to someone
so that they can play the mp3 file and listen to the song?

Or, do you wish to create an audio stream of the FLDigi output and
then play that stream back and have FLDigi transmit it?

FLDigi can PLay back WAV files.  MP3 can be converted to WAV for
playback.

But playing back a file and having FLDigi transmit it is more difficult.

In the past I have used AudioPaint program to create large text in the waterfall.
The program generates a Wav.  The only way I could send it was to have a
program play it back and route the audio to the SignalLink.  The VOX on the
Signallink would then key the radio.  I haven't found a direct way to do it directly
within FLDigi.  Note - this was done on a repeater, so bandwidth was not a problem.
I was checking in to a local Digital Education Net.
Following is example of what would be received:

I agree.  It would be great to have a Macro command that would xmit a WAV or MP3 of FLDigi audio.
That way you could pre-record bulletins and send then out.  I know that this can be
done just using a text file.  But it might open up some other uses.

73
Bill
WD9EQD