Topics

[linuxham] fldigi 4.1.08.46 alpha test version posted

Larry Levesque

Wow - What a list!!
Looks like you and the team have been busy!

I LOVE the new configuration dialog.

Thanks for all you do!

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 10:08:50AM -0600, w1hkj wrote:
at http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/

* fldigi-4.1.08.46.tar.gz
<http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.08.46.tar.gz>
* fldigi-4.1.08.46_i386.dmg
<http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.08.46_i386.dmg>
* fldigi-4.1.08.46_setup.exe
<http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.08.46_setup.exe>
* fldigi-4.1.08.46_x86_64.dmg
<http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/fldigi-4.1.08.46_x86_64.dmg>
* readme.txt <http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/readme.txt>

and at Source Forge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/alpha_tests/

Many bug fixes and updates.

The question of why fldigi cannot use DTR/RTS signal line keying for CW has
been asked repeatedly.  The answer was that the developers were not able to
produce accurate timing.  That problem may finally be solved.

Please note that CW keying is now available using a serial port DTR or RTS
signal line. (+12 = keydown).    I have tested the performance on a Yaesu
FT-991A using it's secondary USB serial port.  CW signaling at 5 to 40 WPM
is clean and the timing is accurate.  The DTR/RTS port can be an independent
port, or shared with the RigCat interface.

I would like feedback on this new feature.  Include specifics regarding the
transceiver and h/w interface being used.

73, David, W1HKJ

readme.txt contents:

version 4.1.08.46 - 12/28/2020 - 09:46 CST

cw mods
* change timing parameter ranges
* change CW sample rate to 16000
* change waterfall drop rate computation
- drop rate independent of mode samplerate
* simplified CW AFCW generation code
* add CW keyline on DTR/RTS
* correct Farnsworth timing

Winkeyer
* correct WK_online status detection

Analysis mode
* change displayed tracking frequency to .001 precision

hamcall
* fix to broken hamcall lookups

RSID code assignments
* Assigned secondary Rsid Codes:
- DominoEX Micro: 691
- ThorEX : 693

ARRL CW bulletins
* changes to CW modem and macro language to support
bulleting transmissions by W1AW
* add new transmit interval macro
<!SKED:HHMMSS:YYYYMMDD> to provide segmented scheduling
of transmission at exact date/time.
* change right channel QSK/PTT signal to square wav
- user configurable base frequency
* correct Farnsworth timing
* add timing compensation for more accurate WPM timing
* modified to work with 1.2.0 nanoIO sketch

lotw mangled report files
* tqsl trace file occassionally mangled when read by
fldigi function check_lotw_log. delay reading file
until no change in trace file size occurs with a 100 msec
window
* improved lotw message box contents based on lotw trace
file contents
* increase time-out delays waiting for tqsl trace file
completion

tree metaphor
* change configuration dialog to use tree vice tab metaphor
* update user documentation

OS X Bus 10 error
* Bug fix on OS X.

Log ADIF export
* Add fields to "all" export

xmlrpc_rig
* increase timeout to 5 seconds

Display Logbook Datum
* re-enable control of displaying logbook datum when starting program

Rx monitor
* add monitor audio stream to allow user to listen to
unprocessed Rx audio stream
* add Rx audio stream filter
* create separate Rx Audio dialog
- open on View menu pull down

Combo Box behavior
* add scrollwheel action to combo/list box behavior
* add widget Fl_Group::do_callback() to event handler
* correct FreqControl handler for scrollwheel

cw prosigns
* allow user to select cw prosign display
- long view, <SK> <BT> ...
- short view, as prosign short cut key
defined on the CW prosign config' tab

RTTY bell
* enable BELL, visual and audible for TTY decoder
* pass BELL, \a, and CR, \r to xml rx data stream
* add RTTY bell waveform file
* add user configuration controls to disable BELL annunciation
* fixed Windows alert failure
* added ctrl-shift-g to special character group to insert
the <BEL>, 0x07 character into the transmit text
- hold control and shift down and press g multiple times
for a string of <BEL> insertions
* clean up trailing edge of phone ring
* implement separate thread for handling mp3 and wav file playback.
- removes dr_mp processing from main thread
- prevents main thread locking during mp3/wav file processing

MinGW mods
* changes imposed by changes to gcc and mxe components
* modifications to accommodate changes in mingw libraries and headers

CW International Chars

mp3
* Add mp3 decoder for mp3 files
- uses public domain decoder drmp3
- Audio playback, and
- Alerts

macros
* Allow CWID execution at specified position in macro text
* Modify macro tag <TIMER:nnn> to always start when state changes from Tx to Rx.
* Add <# comments> tag. Works same as <COMMENT:comments> tag
* Correct coding for proper operation of <SKED:..., <TIMER:...
and <REPEAT...> tags.
* Implement <UNTIL:hhmm[ss]:[YYYYMMDD]> macro tag
- halts macro at specified date/time when either <REPEAT>,
or <TIMER:nn> are specified in the macro text.

Xmt Audio file
* Add ability to transmit an audio file using new macro tag: <AUDIO:path-filename>
- macro editor opens an OS select file dialog
when the tag is selected from the pick list
- suggested use:
<MODEM:NULL><TX>
<AUDIO:path-filename-1>
<AUDIO:path-filename-2>
<RX><@MODEM:BPSK31> or modem type of choice
* Audio file must be wav format, either mono or stereo any sample rate
* Returning to Rx stops current and any pending audio
playback. Post Tx macro tags are then executed.
T/R button or Escape key will abort the playback.
* Please use responsibly - know and understand your license limitations
for transmitting audio files, especially music and/or copyrighted material.

Alerts
* Correct test for no output device
- do not use pa error handler
* Add ability to select the pa device for alerts output
- was using default device
- detect device default sample rate
- convert all sound files to def sr using fastest sinc converter
* Change output to use pa callbacks

Data file update
* Update/correction to file NAVTEX_stations.csv
- contributed by N2RY

flrig freq/mode
* Change order of sending frequency and mode to mode then frequency

Fltk 1.4.x
* Change to startup resize on MacOS built against fltk-1.4.x

Wefax autosave
* Change max lines to counter min=1000, max = 1000

Update check
* correct logic for update checking

WEFAX AFC
* Fix wefax AFC computation / application
- incorrect computation of center frequency
* Disallow audio stream playback on WEFAX
- not compatible with HAMFAX class decoder
* Remove status display messages
- state changes still logged to event log
* Force ".png" file extension on saved images
* wefax code cleanup

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM

Dave

You're welcome Larry.  4.1.08 was published in mid August, so this is about 4 months of work.  The CW changes were driven by requests from Joe, NJ1Q, the W1AW station manager.  I'm sure that the  lack of CW DTR/RTS keyline capability was viewed as intransigence on my part.  But I can assure the users that I was as anxious as anyone to solve the problem.  I've been primarily a CW op for the past 62 years, but my keying skills deteriorate with every passing day.  The recent purchase of an FT-991A was a motivator to solve the timing problem.  It has the DTR keying on the alternate USB serial port.  flrig provides the CAT controls and fldigi the DTR keyline controls.  It's working very well.  Just had a short QSO with John, K9DX, who took time out from the contest to give me a satisfactory signal report.

Dave