Topics

JS8call as a "front end" for NBEMS nets

Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...>

IF anyone here is interested in experimenting  with the net-friendly features of JS8call as a front end for NBEMS nets, let me know via this group. The idea is similar to the ideas we tested with FSQcall a few years ago, JS8call users base seems larger than FSQcall , so there might be more interest . Potentially JS8call could  facilitate net checks more efficiently than large NBEMS nets that call up via Olivia 8/500 .  The Allcall and QTC features could also be useful for some net activity... then switch to faster  mulit-carrier modes via something like FLAMP and FLMSG for longer traffic .

If interested, let me know.  I have a few JS8call users interested so far  ..  It may not turn out to be effective but could be fun experimenting  .

Andy K3UK

Ron Lambinon

Hello Andy
In the Netherlands we are also testing with JS8call and then especially for nbems in the 2m band on 144.178mhz. The nbems testgroup we call it. We are members of DARES (dutch amateur radio emergency service). Our aim is to see if or how we can use JS8call for nbems.
So keep us informed of your testing and results. We will do the same in your direction.
And for Europe and especially the netherlands nbems users join our testing if you like.

‘73 Ron
PD7RON

Op 1 dec. 2018 om 05:42 heeft Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...> het volgende geschreven:

IF anyone here is interested in experimenting  with the net-friendly features of JS8call as a front end for NBEMS nets, let me know via this group. The idea is similar to the ideas we tested with FSQcall a few years ago, JS8call users base seems larger than FSQcall , so there might be more interest . Potentially JS8call could  facilitate net checks more efficiently than large NBEMS nets that call up via Olivia 8/500 .  The Allcall and QTC features could also be useful for some net activity... then switch to faster  mulit-carrier modes via something like FLAMP and FLMSG for longer traffic .

If interested, let me know.  I have a few JS8call users interested so far  ..  It may not turn out to be effective but could be fun experimenting  .

Andy K3UK

Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...>

Excellent news Ron. I was also thinking about this for VHF and UHF . I look forward to hearing more about your experiments.
Andy K3UK