Topics

ICS message stick

Craig Lundborg

Our ARES group would like to create a USB stick that will be much like the RedCross USB but using Regular ICS forms... Does this already exist?

Doug Lynch'

If you just want the form fill PDFs, you can pull the package from the FEMA site. Just search ICS Forms or start here

https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/33584

Doug Lynch

President

Aries International, LLC

D: +1-321-415-2191

M: +1-478-318-2655

E: Doug@...

Port Orange, FL

On Jul 10, 2020, at 12:03, Craig Lundborg <KD7CL@...> wrote:

Our ARES group would like to  create a USB stick that will be much like the RedCross USB but using Regular ICS forms... Does this already exist?

Craig Lundborg

I was hoping a similar format existed so we would not have to reinvent the wheel that the California Red Cross group put together... for Emergency communication having the originator be able to type it up and hand the stick over to The EOC communicators without having to rewrite before sending on the FLDIGI format is brilliant.

If you just want the form fill PDFs, you can pull the package from the FEMA site. Just search ICS Forms or start here

https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/33584

Doug Lynch

President

Aries International, LLC

D: +1-321-415-2191

M: +1-478-318-2655

E: Doug@...

Port Orange, FL

On Jul 10, 2020, at 12:03, Craig Lundborg <KD7CL@...> wrote:

Our ARES group would like to  create a USB stick that will be much like the RedCross USB but using Regular ICS forms... Does this already exist?

vh2

ICS forms are native to flmsg. Install the software to a flash drive.
http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.22/installing_on_thumb_drive_page.html

On July 10, 2020, at 2:01 PM, Craig Lundborg <KD7CL@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Amato

They could have flmsg on their computer also and save the messages to a thumb drive to be carried to you for transmission, that's what we do in our county

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 2:57 PM, vh2
<vh2@...> wrote:

[...]

C Matthew Curtin

If you intend to use the forms for transmission you certainly do not want to use PDFs. The difference in size is enormous meaning that the number of messages that you are able to move in any period of time will be radically decreased by using the PDFs.

There are, as others have pointed out, native to FLMSG forms and of course you can always move things in the plaintext version including an ICS 213 in plain text that is distributed by FEMA. Size of files is a non thought to most people using computers but is a huge issue especially if you are working HF.

C. Matthew Curtin KD8TTE

If you just want the form fill PDFs, you can pull the package from the FEMA site. Just search ICS Forms or start here

https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/33584

Doug Lynch

President

Aries International, LLC

D: +1-321-415-2191

M: +1-478-318-2655

E: Doug@...

Port Orange, FL

On Jul 10, 2020, at 12:03, Craig Lundborg <KD7CL@...> wrote:

Our ARES group would like to  create a USB stick that will be much like the RedCross USB but using Regular ICS forms... Does this already exist?

Larry Levesque

I understand what you are asking here.
There are already some ICS "Custom" forms available.
And I can understand why you would want to use the Custom version versus the built in version.
The custom version looks identical to the actual printed / PDF ICS forms.
And makes it easier for served agencies to use them to enter the data for hams to pass it.

There are already some non-standard ones in the Files section of this IO group:

https://groups.io/g/nbems/files/Custom_flmsg_forms/ICS%20Forms

If anyone else has any they have created that you would be willing to share, could you please upload them there?

I also like the Custom forms much better than the built in ones.
Set flmsg to no use expert dialog (simple interface).
Now you have an easy to use tool for served agencies and new hams alike to be able to use a pre-defined set of forms to fill and view through a web browser.

This is such a useful option and many may have not realized its potential in that configuration.

Thanks again Dave and all programmers for the awesome suite of programs!

--
Larry Levesque
KA1VGM