Topics

Icom IC-7000 PL Issue

Ron

Hi Everyone, strange problem alert :-)

We have an NBEMS net on a local 2 meter repeater that has a PL to bring up the repeater. One of the members has an Icom IC-7000 with a Signalink using the 6 pin data connector. He can bring up the repeater using voice but when he tries to check in with Fldigi he doesn't bring up the repeater. He monitors the repeater input with another radio and the audio sounds fine. I can't imagine there is a setting that would stop the PL when using the 6 pin data connector.

73, Ron NY3J

Steve Bellner

Is the 7000 in DATA mode? My first thought.  Is the transmit setting on the Signalink at 12:00 o'clock?

Steve/W8TER

On 5/29/2019 1:16 PM, Ron via Groups.Io wrote:

We have an NBEMS net on a local 2 meter repeater that has a PL to bring up the repeater. One of the members has an Icom IC-7000 with a Signalink using the 6 pin data connector. He can bring up the repeater using voice but when he tries to check in with Fldigi he doesn't bring up the repeater. He monitors the repeater input with another radio and the audio sounds fine. I can't imagine there is a setting that would stop the PL when using the 6 pin data connector.

73, Ron NY3J

Ron

Hi Steve,

I'll check with him. I don't think the radio is in DATA mode and he has the Signalink around 9 o'clock with the codec adjusted for good audio. It works simplex without PL. There's no repeaters he can check that doesn't use PL.

Ron NY3J

On 5/29/19 4:46 PM, Steve Bellner wrote:
Is the 7000 in DATA mode? My first thought.?? Is the transmit setting on the Signalink at 12:00 o'clock?

Steve/W8TER

73, Ron NY3J

rgireson

If you're using RSID tones and the Signalink Delay isn't up around 9 or 10 o'clock, the RSID will bring up the repeater, then drop, and his transmission may start before the repeater comes back.

Ron

Follow up on the IC-7000. The user of the radio switched from the 6 pin DIN to the 13 pin ACC socket and now the radio is bringing up the PL on the repeater. I'm not sure why but I'm not arguing with success.

73, Ron NY3J

On 5/29/19 4:59 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
Hi Steve,

I'll check with him. I don't think the radio is in DATA mode and he has the Signalink around 9 o'clock with the codec adjusted for good audio. It works simplex without PL. There's no repeaters he can check that doesn't use PL.

Ron NY3J

On 5/29/19 4:46 PM, Steve Bellner wrote:
Is the 7000 in DATA mode? My first thought.?? Is the transmit setting on the Signalink at 12:00 o'clock?

Steve/W8TER

73, Ron NY3J