Topics

FLMsg traffic received by FLDigi but not passed to FLMsg

Bart N5BLP

Note:  This problem occurred after I upgraded to FLDigi 4.1.04 and FLMsg 4.0.10.

I can see the message scroll by in FLDigi, but FLMsg never processes it.  The received msgs window doesn't open, I don't see the file in the folder if I try to use the open menu command; however, I do see them in the wrap received folder.

On FLDigi I DO have NBEMS data file interface selected ENABLE, and also "Transfer direct to executing flmsg" selected.  I also have "Open with flmsgs" selected, and the proper file path is specified.   FLMsg is open and running when the message is recieved.  All this is the same as what I had on previous versions.

There are several of us on our NBEMS net tonight having this problem with the new versions.

While I was typing this, I did have a message received that appeared directly in FLMsg without the Received Msgs window opening.

Bart N5BLP

Bart N5BLP

Update to the above.  I just noticed that FLMsg was running several executions.  Apparently, every time a message came in, it started another instance of FLMsg even though it was already running.

Bart N5BLP

Dave

What operating systems please?

David, W1HKJ

On 6/26/19 7:53 PM, Bart N5BLP via Groups.Io wrote:
Update to the above.  I just noticed that FLMsg was running several executions.  Apparently, every time a message came in, it started another instance of FLMsg even though it was already running.

Bart N5BLP

Bart N5BLP

Sorry, Windows 10 Home, fully updated in my case.  Not sure about the others but all various versions of Windows.

Dave

I have confirmed the reported behavior on both Win10-Home-Premium-32 and Linux Mint-19 using the most recent test versions of both flmsg and fldigi.  A new flmsg instance is opened for each newly received message.

The bug is most likely in fldigi.  I will provide an update after further testing.

73, David, W1HKJ

On 6/27/19 7:24 AM, Bart N5BLP via Groups.Io wrote:
Sorry, Windows 10 Home, fully updated in my case.  Not sure about the others but all various versions of Windows.

Dave

I experienced exactly the same problem.  Went back to flmsg 4.0.8.04 with no problems.

Windows 10 Dell Laptop

John, W6FQX

Dave

Let the group know when you have tested the posted test version !!

On 6/27/19 10:52 AM, John Lemmer W6FQX wrote:
I experienced exactly the same problem.  Went back to flmsg 4.0.8.04 with no problems.

Windows 10 Dell Laptop

John, W6FQX

Steve AG7GN

Dave,

I was experiencing the same problem on Raspbian Stretch with the same versions of Fldigi and Flmsg. I've tested your fix and I confirm that it now works as expected.

Fldigi version 4.1.04
Flmsg version 4.0.10.01

73,

Steve
AG7GN

Al Womelsdorf

I also experienced the problem on Fedora 30, and it is now behaving as expected.

fldigi version 4.1.04
flmsg version 4.0.10.01

73's

Al
KD2PNR

Dave

Thank you for the report Al.  So far I have successfully tested on

OS-X 10.13.1
OS-X 10.14.3
Linux Mint 18.3
Linux Mint 19.1
Windows 10 Home/32
Windows 10 Pro/64
Windows 7 Pro/64

Tested flmsg 4.0.10.01 with both fldigi 4.1.04 and 4.1.04.04

David, W1HKJ

On 6/27/19 8:06 PM, Al Womelsdorf via Groups.Io wrote:
I also experienced the problem on Fedora 30, and it is now behaving as expected.

fldigi version 4.1.04
flmsg version 4.0.10.01

73's

Al
KD2PNR

Bart N5BLP

Was finally able to test it this morning.

FLDigi 4.1.04 and FLMsg 4.0.10.01 using Windows 10 Home fully updated.

It's all working normally again.

Thanks.

Bart N5BLP