Topics

Flmsg strangeness; probably operator induced.

Gary Woods

When I receive a message with FlDigi, a successfully completed wrapped
message does NOT open a browser window, but only the destination
folder, and trying to display it by opening with flmst and selecting
either "view" option hangs things.
Removing/reinstalling fldigi without deleting/renaming/hiding the
config file doesn't change anything.
Any guesses on which festive "short between the headsets" change I
made?
TIA,

Wayne Santos

If you have installed a new version of flmsg recently make sure you have updated that version in the NBEMS configuration.

Wayne

Wayne W. Santos
N1CKM
SEC
NH ARES
n1ckm@...
n1ckm78sec@...
603-856-5459
Twitter: #n1ckm78
www.nh-ares.org

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019, 8:01 PM Gary Woods <garygarlic@...> wrote:
When I receive a message with FlDigi, a successfully completed wrapped
message does NOT open a browser window, but only the destination
folder, and trying to display it by opening with flmst and selecting
either "view" option hangs things.
Removing/reinstalling fldigi without deleting/renaming/hiding the
config file doesn't change anything.
Any guesses on which festive "short between the headsets" change I
made?
TIA,

George Blakeslee

Gary

The first thing to check is your MISC > NBEMS configuration.
It should look like this

image.png

Note that the path to flmsg.exe needs to be correct, or the incoming wrapped message will not open (or display, if FLMSG is already launched).

If this does not help, it may be that the HEADER portion of the incoming message is being corrupted.
Without the HEADER info, WRAP and FLMSG do not work.

73  George  N1GB

--
George Blakeslee