Topics

Flmsg port 8080 error

Randy

I have winXP system and built in forms function just fine.  When I receive messages they open in a browser window but when I try to edit a custom form I get
"Could not open url http://127.0.0.1:8080.  Oddly, if I open the file using the file open and view html  delivery the browser opens and displays.  I have turned off the firewall with no change.  I do not have anti virus.  I have reinstalled programs with no change.  I turned the firewall back on and it allowed exceptions when I started the fl programs but the error continues.   Just the edit or view buttons are not functioning.  There is no problem with another XP system I am running.  What next? This is occurring in both version 13 and 16.

Michael Judy <vbmikestds@...>

Randy, that url is used by Microsoft IIS which would be local to your computer. It could be the version of windows 10 you are using. The home version I think did not have IIS (Internet Information Server) like the Pro version of Windows 10. Search your version for 'windows features' and when the dialog box opens up you can look thru the list of features to see if IIS is on your machine or if it is just unchecked (not installed during setup).

Randy

Thanks for the reply.  I am on Win XP Pro and it works with an old fldigi 3.2.?  It also worked on 4.0.9 for awhile before upgrade to 4.0.16.  After upgrade to 4.0.16 the service stopped working and reinstall of older versions 4.0.9 and 4.0.13 does not bring it back.  The strange thing is that the browser will eventually open after maybe 30 seconds or more when receiving a message but when trying to edit or view a custom form I get the error.  The command netstat –a shows port 8080 as listening but it will not connect.   I think it must be in the program to browser interface settings.  I have a second system that is working and I have not yet found any settings that do not match.  Removing and cleaning up the browser installation is my next plan. 

Randy

KG5KZF

http://mit.midco.net/rpratt

-----Original Message-----
From: nbems@groups.io [mailto:nbems@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Judy via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2018 7:06 PM
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nbems] Flmsg port 8080 error

Randy, that url is used by Microsoft IIS which would be local to your computer. It could be the version of windows 10 you are using. The home version I think did not have IIS (Internet Information Server) like the Pro version of Windows 10. Search your version for 'windows features' and when the dialog box opens up you can look thru the list of features to see if IIS is on your machine or if it is just unchecked (not installed during setup).