From: Sarah
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:23 PM
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: [nbems] FLMSG Default File Name: ICS 213 form - Response function

Greetings FLMSG / NBEMS users:  I'm perplexed by something that happened in a recent NBEMS net and hope someone can explain what happened.

Original Message:  sent on a standard FLMSG ICS 213 form, asked net participants to use the "Response" function on the form to provide information as a drill.  Participants were instructed to rename the FLMSG file containing their response, (i.e.,click on the Response tab of the form, type a response, give the file a new name then send it to the net.)

Reply Message:  One of the participants isn't sure what he did to save or name the file he transmitted in response.  The file he transmitted came through with the file name:  [his call sign][date][time].213reply

Please note the word 'reply' added to the file name extension.
How did this happen?  The operator swears he didn't manually type in the word reply.  I caught it and asked him immediately after he transmitted the message.  However I cannot replicate this ('reply' being added to file extension) in tests sending messages back and forth between two computers.  Any ideas any of you have would be welcome!

Ole Helgerson KI7MBR

Hi Sarah,

For what its worth, the other day I transmitted a test ICS 213 from my ht (Easy Digi + Android phone) to the Alinco mobile (audio connection, Samsung tablet perched atop the radio).  The message showed up on the tablet.

A response was added and it was then transmitted back to the ht.  It came through ok.

The return file _did_ have a different file name;  "Copy_of_KI7MBR...." indicating a reply.  This is based on the "SENT" file list in the Samsung.  I deleted the received file on the phone  (ooops).

Hope this is helpful.  73 KI7MBR Ole

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 8:11 PM Randy <rpratt@...> wrote:

If his windows 10 works like mine that is the answer.  There is anyone’s guess what will be pasted, added, or changed and when or where it will appear.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10