Topics

Flmsg 4.0.8 Fltk UI option bugs #flmsg

Steve AG7GN

Flmsg 4.0.8 on Raspberry Pi Stretch with latest updates (Linux 4.19.42-v7+ #1219)

Two minor Fltk UI option bugs:

1) The title option '-ti -title [WINDOWTITLE]' does not work. The title remains set to 'FLMSG: 4.0.8' regardless what what is supplied with the '-t' option.

To reproduce, run: flmsg -t mynewtitle

2) Setting a non-default geometry with the '-g -geometry [WxH+X+Y]' option does properly adjust the size and position of the Flmsg window, but Flmsg segfaults if the 'fldigi modem type' dropdown button in Flmsg is clicked.

To reproduce, run: flmsg -g 800x600+950+65

Then click the 'fldigi modem type' dropdown button.

73,

Steve/AG7GN

Steve AG7GN

Apologies for replying to my own post. The same behavior is still happening on Flmsg 4.0.10.01.

73,

Steve/AG7GN

Dave

Steve,

How are you testing?

David

On 6/27/19 1:15 PM, Steve AG7GN wrote:
Apologies for replying to my own post.  The same behavior is still happening on Flmsg 4.0.10.01.

73,

Steve/AG7GN

Dave

I repeated the tests with flmsg-4.0.10.01 and fldigi-4.1.04.04.  The behavior is correct and the flmsg received messages dialog opens to display the received messages.  Selection of a messsage and "View" opens the message in the browser.

David

On 6/27/19 1:56 PM, Dave wrote:
Steve,

How are you testing?

David

On 6/27/19 1:15 PM, Steve AG7GN wrote:
Apologies for replying to my own post.  The same behavior is still happening on Flmsg 4.0.10.01.

73,

Steve/AG7GN

Steve AG7GN

Sorry for the confusion, Dave. I replied to 2 different threads today.

1) The fix you posted for the problem described in the "FLMsg traffic received by FLDigi but not passed to FLMsg" thread works fine on Raspbian Stretch, as I posted in my test results there.

2) For THIS thread, regarding the '-title' and segfault when using '-geometry' parameter bugs as I described in my original post below: Those issues still exist in 4.0.10.01.

Steve

Dave

flmsg overrides the -t command line parameter; I can change that

flmsg uses a fixed geometry.  You cannot change it.  The position of the dialog is saved between executions.

Both the -t and -g command line parameters are a part of the fltk UI.  For now, the answer to your post is, do not use those parameters.

Dave

On 6/27/19 9:35 PM, Steve AG7GN wrote:
Sorry for the confusion, Dave.  I replied to 2 different threads today.

1) The fix you posted for the problem described in the "FLMsg traffic received by FLDigi but not passed to FLMsg" thread works fine on Raspbian Stretch, as I posted in my test results there.

2) For THIS thread, regarding the '-title' and segfault when using '-geometry' parameter bugs as I described in my original post below:  Those issues still exist in 4.0.10.01.

Steve

Dave

working on these two.  Title fix was easy.  Making every form / control resizable is not.

David

On 6/27/19 9:35 PM, Steve AG7GN wrote:
Sorry for the confusion, Dave.  I replied to 2 different threads today.

1) The fix you posted for the problem described in the "FLMsg traffic received by FLDigi but not passed to FLMsg" thread works fine on Raspbian Stretch, as I posted in my test results there.

2) For THIS thread, regarding the '-title' and segfault when using '-geometry' parameter bugs as I described in my original post below:  Those issues still exist in 4.0.10.01.

Steve

Steve AG7GN

Thanks much, Dave. The title issue is more important for those of us who run multiple instances of Flmsg, each tied to a different radio, so we can tell them apart.

Steve