commit 3ad0cecda80e19229a579e6b2de91faed99a1890 (refs/patches/master/fltk-params)
Author: David Freese <w1hkj@...>
Date:   Sat Jun 29 14:44:01 2019 -0500

    fltk-params

      * Change expert dialog to allow resizing
        . using -g WxH+X+Y command line parameter
        . by corner drag resize
        . flmsg remembers position and size between
          executions, unless the -g parameter is
          invoked.
      * Scrolling widgets do not resize.  The fltk
        scroll widget does not resize internal widgets

commit 1d5cdd2e84295068f1c8271e71a0ce0c6ab8885c
Author: David Freese <w1hkj@...>
Date:   Thu Jun 27 09:54:32 2019 -0500

    fldigi online

      * correct timing for flmsg/fldigi online keep-alive

73, David, W1HKJ

Steve AG7GN

Tested:
Linux 4.19.42-v7+ Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Fldigi 4.1.04
Flmsg 4.0.10.02

Looks good on Raspbian Stretch with latest updates. Both title and geometry options now work. New received messages appear in Rcvd Messages window as expected instead of opening a new instance of Flmsg (was fixed in 4.0.10.01).

Two very minor nits for 4.0.10.02:

Custom title must be specified using '-ti' parameter. The custom title setting will be ignored if specified with '-title'.
Geometry must be specified using '-geometry' parameter. The custom geometry will be ignored if specified with '-g'.

-Steve/AG7GN

Dave

I do not see the same fltk arg parsing issues on Mint 19/64, fltk version 1.4.  Best advice is to use what you find works on your OS / fltk-version.

fltk-1.4 exhibits:

-ti recognized, -title is not recognized
-g ... -geometry however abbreviated is recognized; -g paramaters can be WxH+X+y or WxH

David

On 6/29/19 10:08 PM, Steve AG7GN wrote:
Tested:
Linux 4.19.42-v7+ Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Fldigi 4.1.04
Flmsg 4.0.10.02

Looks good on Raspbian Stretch with latest updates.  Both title and geometry options now work.  New received messages appear in Rcvd Messages window as expected instead of opening a new instance of Flmsg (was fixed in 4.0.10.01).

Two very minor nits for 4.0.10.02:

Custom title must be specified using '-ti' parameter.  The custom title setting will be ignored if specified with '-title'.
Geometry must be specified using '-geometry' parameter.  The custom geometry will be ignored if specified with '-g'.

-Steve/AG7GN

Branche98

I definitely agree.

73

On Jun 30, 2019, at 08:53, Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:

[...]

Linux 4.19.42-v7+ Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) with FLTK 1.3.4
Fldigi 4.1.04
Flmsg 4.0.10.03

Geometry option now works with either '-g' or '-geometry'. Note that the Raspbian Stretch stock fltk package is 1.3.4, not 1.4.

Dave, thanks so much for enabling these options. The title works great and will be very handy for those of us who occasionally run 2 instances of Flmsg. The ability to resize the window is very helpful, too.

73,

Steve

hornetd@...

The link to the flmsg-4.0.10.02_setup.exe file is not working.

--
Tom Horne W3TDH

hornetd@...

Why does this link work and not the previous ones?

--
Tom Horne W3TDH

Dave

Development test versions are posted at http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/

The contents of each remote folder may change at any time.  That is the very essence of rapid application development.  Older test versions are always superceded.

David

On 6/30/19 12:00 PM, hornetd@... wrote:
Why does this link work and not the previous ones?

--
Tom Horne W3TDH

hornetd@...

Dave

I'm talking about the link in your email.  It would not work until I tried the one that you had in a later email.  I'm truly puzzled.  Both links appeared to be the same.

--
Tom Horne W3TDH

Dave

Two different links.  Change of one character in the file name.  If a link does not work you can always right click on the link to see what the reference URL looks like, for example "http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/flmsg/flmsg-blah-blah-blah.etc".  Then try entering the folders portion of the reference into your browser URL bar, i.e. "http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/flmsg/".

Dave