Topics

FLDIGI Startup question

JOHN UNRATH

I have been running FLDIGI for years in 'analog' mode (speaker to microphone and vice versa). I recently got an Icom IC-7300 and figured it was time to go to pure digital. Installed the latest FLDIGI and FLRIG. I can receive on the computer but I cannot get transmit to work (even if I force transmit). I am missing something here somewhere because two different laptops produce the same result. I suspect the Driver. In both cases Device Manager comes up with 'Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge Com 3' when the laptops are connected. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John Unrath
K6JHU

Ralph Alden Brigham

Hello All,
FLRIG expects a TCP/IP socket that the ICOM driver does not create.  It only [to my knowledge] generates a pair of comports.  I have a 7100 and have to use RIGCAT.
Ralph B.  KG4CSQ

Dave Morton