Topics

fldigi setup on TS0430S

On my vintage TS-430S I dug into the circuit boards and added shielded cables from the IF Unit board to an external MiniDIN 6 Pin connector much like the data connector on later model transceivers.

TX Audio from IF Unit,Connector 5, pin 3 to MiniDIN6 pin 1
PTT from IF Unit,Connector 11, Pin 3 to MiniDIN6 pin 3
RX Audio from IF Unit, Connector 4, pin 4 to MiniDIN6 Pin 4
Shields and ground to MiniDIN6 Pin 2

At the time I connected this MiniDIN connector via a multi-conductor cable to a transformer isolated and level adjusted prototype board (on RadioShack 274-150) of my design that also had a data operated transmit (DOX) circuit of my design on it.  My external circuit board then had 3.5 mm (1/8") audio cables to the line input and output connectors on my computer.  Speaker and microphone connectors on the computer could also be used with appropriate level adjustments.

I see no reason why a SignaLink USB or equivalent interface would not work as well -- or maybe better.  I used this analog interface on 20m with PSK31 using the TS-430S but have not used it with other modes except for MT63-2KL on 2m.  I now use a SignaLink USB interface on both VHF and HF on later model transceivers with a 6 pin data port.

John, W6FQX

Ron Lambinon

Hello John
I have also a ts-430s.
I am very interested in your modification.
Are there pictures of your modification how you have done it.
Or do you have any information which can help me to do the modification.

Kind regards
Ron
73 PD7RON

Op 15 okt. 2019 om 21:58 heeft John Lemmer W6FQX <w6fqx@...> het volgende geschreven: