Topics

FLDIGI FLMSG updates on MacbookPro

Lew

I use NBEMS with no issues on my Win10 desktop, but last night my local ARES group ran a hands on workshop.  I was the only one who was using a MacbookPro.  I was able to download the latest versions, but could not get past the security settings on the laptop. 
Can someone help me find a workaround so that it will run these programs that are not downloaded from the APPSTORE?

Thanks
73, Lew
n2rq@...

John Notor <gnu@...>

Go to your security settings in the System Preferences app, you should see a box to click on to bypass the download restriction after you reenter your password.

John

Eschew horological complexity…

John Notor

KM6TUX

Reply-To: <nbems@groups.io>
Date: Friday, January 25, 2019 at 7:01 AM
To: <nbems@groups.io>
Subject: [nbems] FLDIGI FLMSG updates on MacbookPro

I use NBEMS with no issues on my Win10 desktop, but last night my local ARES group ran a hands on workshop.  I was the only one who was using a MacbookPro.  I was able to download the latest versions, but could not get past the security settings on the laptop. 
Can someone help me find a workaround so that it will run these programs that are not downloaded from the APPSTORE?

Thanks
73, Lew
n2rq@...

Mark Dallner

Go to Security & Privacy System preference, Under the General Tab make sure the button under Allow apps downloaded from : App Store and identified Developers is checked. 

When you attempt to launch any of the Apps you will get a pop up that says basically DENIED. Then go to the same panel mentioned above and you will see a message asking you “Launch Anyway” or something to that effect. Click it and away you go. You need to do that for each program of the suite.

Mark, KD9EEE
I use a MacBook Air & Mini. VMware Fusion when needed for Winders applications. Parallels is supposed to be faster.

On Jan 25, 2019, at 9:20 AM, John Notor <gnu@...> wrote:

Go to your security settings in the System Preferences app, you should see a box to click on to bypass the download restriction after you reenter your password.

John

John Notor
KM6TUX

Reply-To: <nbems@groups.io>
Date: Friday, January 25, 2019 at 7:01 AM
To: <nbems@groups.io>
Subject: [nbems] FLDIGI FLMSG updates on MacbookPro

Thanks
73, Lew
n2rq@...

Dave

If you put the app on the launch bar you have the open of right-clicking the app and selecting "open".  You only need to do that the first time a "suspect" application is launched.

73, David, W1HKKJ

On 1/25/19 9:41 AM, Mark Dallner wrote:
Go to Security & Privacy System preference, Under the General Tab make sure the button under Allow apps downloaded from : App Store and identified Developers is checked. 

When you attempt to launch any of the Apps you will get a pop up that says basically DENIED. Then go to the same panel mentioned above and you will see a message asking you “Launch Anyway” or something to that effect. Click it and away you go. You need to do that for each program of the suite.

Mark, KD9EEE
I use a MacBook Air & Mini. VMware Fusion when needed for Winders applications. Parallels is supposed to be faster.
On Jan 25, 2019, at 9:20 AM, John Notor <gnu@...> wrote:

John

John Notor
KM6TUX

Reply-To: <nbems@groups.io>
Date: Friday, January 25, 2019 at 7:01 AM
To: <nbems@groups.io>
Subject: [nbems] FLDIGI FLMSG updates on MacbookPro

Thanks
73, Lew
n2rq@...