Topics

fldigi and IC7300

George

I am trying to get fldigi to work on my IC7300 using the CAT mode. I'm using Windows 10.  Have loaded the latest .xml file and latest fldigi file. The frequency tracks with the rig.  When I press "test" the rig transmit light comes on but no power out is shown on the meter.  I'm using USB-D.  Is this normal?  Shouldn't I be seeing power out?

George

Larry Levesque

The first thing that comes to mind is to check your audio mixer levels going to the rig's audio codec.

You could also try setting the Audio signal on both left and right channels setting on the Config>Audio>Right Channel tab.

--
Larry Levesque | Senior Business Systems Analyst
Granite City Electric Supply, Co.

Larry Levesque

Also, are you using the USB cale for audio or passing that through the mike connector?

On Sun, Nov 04, 2018 at 06:51:45PM -0800, George wrote:
I am trying to get fldigi to work on my IC7300 using the CAT mode. I'm using Windows 10.  Have loaded the latest .xml file and latest fldigi file. The frequency tracks with the rig.  When I press "test" the rig transmit light comes on but no power out is shown on the meter.  I'm using USB-D.  Is this normal?  Shouldn't I be seeing power out?

George

--
Larry Levesque | Senior Business Systems Analyst
Granite City Electric Supply, Co.
16 Rose Lane Keene, NH. 03431
Direct: 617-221-1551 Cell: 857-753-1407

Dave AFA2HV

Also check that your IC7300 settings for connectors are set for the audio from the USB, not the AUX plug when in the digital mode if that is how you are using it.

Steve Bellner

You should be seeing power out as long as you are transmitting text.

Steve

On 11/4/2018 9:51 PM, George wrote:
I am trying to get fldigi to work on my IC7300 using the CAT mode. I'm using Windows 10.  Have loaded the latest .xml file and latest fldigi file. The frequency tracks with the rig.  When I press "test" the rig transmit light comes on but no power out is shown on the meter.  I'm using USB-D.  Is this normal?  Shouldn't I be seeing power out?

George

George

Using USB cable from rig to computer and the mini plug from rig to USB on computer