Topics

fldigi alpha version 4.1.08.23 posted

Dave

At http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/

Download rtty.cq.bell.wav for testing the TTY audible/visible BEL. (45.45 baud Baudot at 1000 Hz)

Download the two music files for testing the send wav file and audible alerts.

8.23 audible alerts has been tested on both Win7 and Win10 using all internal sound clips and with the above two music files.

73, David, W1HKJ

Mon Oct 21 21:58:00 2019 -0500

 alpha

  Combo Box behavior
   * add scrollwheel action to combo/list box behavio
   * add widget Fl_Group::do_callback() to event handler
   * correct FreqControl handler for scrollwheel

  cw prosigns
   * allow user to select cw prosign display
    - long view, <SK> <BT> ...
    - short view, as prosign short cut key defined on the CW prosign config' tab

  RTTY bell
    * enable BELL, visual and audible for TTY decoder
    * pass BELL, \a, and CR, \r to xml rx data stream
    * add RTTY bell waveform file
    * add user configuration controls to disable BELL annunciation
    * fixed Windows alert failure

  MinGW mods
    * changes imposed by changes to gcc and mxe components
    * modifications to accommodate changes in mingw libraries and headers

  CW International Chars

  mp3
    * Add mp3 decoder for mp3 files
      - uses public domain decoder drmp3
      - Audio playback, and
      - Alerts

  macros
    * Allow CWID execution at specified position in macro text
    * Modify macro tag <TIMER:nnn> to always start when state changes from Tx to Rx.
    * Add <# comments> tag.  Works same as <COMMENT:comments> tag
    * Correct coding for proper operation of <SKED:..., <TIMER:... and <REPEAT...> tags.
    * Implement <UNTIL:hhmm[ss]:[YYYYMMDD]> macro tag
      - halts macro at specified date/time when either <REPEAT>,
        or <TIMER:nn> are specified in the macro text.

  Xmt Audio file
    * Add ability to transmit an audio file using new macro tag: <AUDIO:path-filename>
      - macro editor opens an OS select file dialog when the tag is selected from the pick list
      - suggested use:
          <MODEM:NULL><TX>
          <AUDIO:path-filename-1>
          <AUDIO:path-filename-2>
          <RX><@MODEM:BPSK31>
        or modem type of choice
    * Audio file must be wav format, either mono or stereo any sample rate
    * Returning to Rx stops current and any pending audio playback.  Post Tx
      macro tags are then executed.  T/R button or Escape key will abort the playback.
    * Please use responsibly - know and understand your license limitations for
      transmitting audio files, especially music and/or copyrighted material.

  Alerts
    * Correct test for no output device
      - do not use pa error handler
    * Add ability to select the pa device for alerts output
      - was using default device
      - detect device default sample rate
      - convert all sound files to def sr using fastest sinc converter
    * Change output to use pa callbacks

  Data file update
    * Update/correction to file NAVTEX_stations.csv
      - contributed by N2RY

  flrig freq/mode
    * Change order of sending frequency and mode to mode then frequency

  Fltk 1.4.x
    * Change to startup resize on MacOS built against fltk-1.4.x

  Wefax autosave
    * Change max lines to counter min=1000, max = 1000

  Update check
    * correct logic for update checking

  WEFAX AFC
    * Fix wefax AFC computation / application
      - incorrect computation of center frequency
    * Disallow audio stream playback on WEFAX
      - not compatible with HAMFAX class decoder
    * Remove status display messages
      - state changes still logged to event log
    * Force ".png" file extension on saved images
    * wefax code cleanup

Charles Hargrove

Can we get test files for the MP3 capabilities? I try some files that I
have with a message that they are the wrong format. I have a Win10 laptop.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 449.025/123.0 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan

Dave

Charles,

Try using Audacity to convert a wav to mp3.  The only requirement for the mp3 is that is be 32 bit float format.

Dave

On 10/23/19 9:50 AM, Charles Hargrove wrote:
Can we get test files for the MP3 capabilities? I try some files that I
have with a message that they are the wrong format. I have a Win10 laptop.

On 10/23/2019 4:46 AM, Dave wrote:
Download the two music files for testing the send wav file and audible alerts.

8.23 audible alerts has been tested on both Win7 and Win10 using all internal sound clips and with the above two music files.

73, David, W1HKJ

Charles Hargrove

That is exactly what I do. I edit the Newsline MP3 file in Audacity and
it indicates 44100 Hz and 32 bit float. Is there any limitation on the
size of the file or the filename?

On 10/24/2019 9:20 PM, Dave wrote:
[...]

I just created a capture.wav file, converted it to MP3, with same results.

On 10/28/2019 1:16 PM, Charles Hargrove wrote:
[...]

What OS Charles?  Send me the mp3 at my return address

David

On 10/28/19 12:31 PM, Charles Hargrove wrote:
I just created a capture.wav file, converted it to MP3, with same results.

On 10/28/2019 1:16 PM, Charles Hargrove wrote:
That is exactly what I do.  I edit the Newsline MP3 file in Audacity and
it indicates 44100 Hz and 32 bit float.  Is there any limitation on the
size  of the file or the filename?

On 10/24/2019 9:20 PM, Dave wrote:
Charles,

Try using Audacity to convert a wav to mp3.  The only requirement for the mp3 is that is be 32 bit float format.

Still waiting for you file Charles.  In the meantime you can use these two to test wav and mp3 playback on your system:

73, David, W1HKJ

On 10/28/19 12:31 PM, Charles Hargrove wrote:
I just created a capture.wav file, converted it to MP3, with same results.

On 10/28/2019 1:16 PM, Charles Hargrove wrote:
That is exactly what I do.  I edit the Newsline MP3 file in Audacity and
it indicates 44100 Hz and 32 bit float.  Is there any limitation on the
size  of the file or the filename?

On 10/24/2019 9:20 PM, Dave wrote:
Charles,

Try using Audacity to convert a wav to mp3.  The only requirement for the mp3 is that is be 32 bit float format.

Dave

Charles Hargrove

Dave, did you see the two emails (3:56PM & 8:23PM) that I sent to bellsouth?