Topics

fldigi 4.1.10

Dave

Depending on your OS and your processor you may experience a start up crash on 4.1.10.  I have identified the cause and am preparing version 4.1.11 for distribution.  It should be posted in less than 2 hours.  Thanks for your patience.

 73, David, W1HKJ

Dave, KI7VLV

Thank you again.

The "hidden" cw id button persists. Heh.

I performed a make install so it would use all my config. And a "fresh" from scratch as well. Just in case. I may not know what I'm doing. :-)

Pls see attached.

73, Dave KI7VLV

Dave

Build this version: http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/

You might be the one in ten thousand looking for that button :-X.

Dave

On 4/1/20 7:19 PM, Dave, KI7VLV wrote:

Thank you again.

The "hidden" cw id button persists. Heh.

I performed a make install so it would use all my config. And a "fresh" from scratch as well. Just in case. I may not know what I'm doing. :-)

Pls see attached.

73, Dave KI7VLV

Dave, KI7VLV

Heh. Roger that. I was gonna state that it wasn't worth the cycles exerted. I like the feature in case my toddlers pull me away from station during our weekly practice drills. My peers know my message is sent and I legally signed off. :-) I'll find the code file and fiddle with it soon.
Thanks again! Dave KI7VLV

Dave

The alpha source has it fixed.

On 4/1/20 8:26 PM, Dave, KI7VLV wrote:

Heh. Roger that. I was gonna state that it wasn't worth the cycles exerted. I like the feature in case my toddlers pull me away from station during our weekly practice drills. My peers know my message is sent and I legally signed off. :-) I'll find the code file and fiddle with it soon.
Thanks again! Dave KI7VLV

K4IVE

You and the team have been quite the busy beavers lately!

Thanks Dave,

Kevin
K4IVE

Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 at 8:46 PM
From: "Dave" <w1hkj@...>
To: nbems@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nbems] fldigi 4.1.10

The alpha source has it fixed.

On 4/1/20 8:26 PM, Dave, KI7VLV wrote:

Heh. Roger that. I was gonna state that it wasn't worth the cycles exerted. I like the feature in case my toddlers pull me away from station during our weekly practice drills. My peers know my message is sent and I legally signed off. :-) I'll find the code file and fiddle with it soon.
Thanks again! Dave KI7VLV

Dave

XYL won't let me out carousing ;-).

Dave

Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 at 8:46 PM
From: "Dave" <w1hkj@...>
To: nbems@groups.io

The alpha source has it fixed.

On 4/1/20 8:26 PM, Dave, KI7VLV wrote:

Heh. Roger that. I was gonna state that it wasn't worth the cycles exerted. I like the feature in case my toddlers pull me away from station during our weekly practice drills. My peers know my message is sent and I legally signed off. :-) I'll find the code file and fiddle with it soon.
Thanks again! Dave KI7VLV

Dave, KI7VLV

Good day again!

(1) Again, this is a low priority. Just built .11.02. CW ID button is definitely there, as you know. Though it will not trigger/sound the CW callsign when using flmsg, nor flamp.

(2) When using MFSK 128 for pictures, the mode continues to sound after image is complete. One has to manually click T/R to unkey. I can't recall if this is a known issue. (2a) In this mode, manually clicking T/R to unkey also does NOT trigger CW ID as it DID so in .08. (3) My group and I were looking for a pipeline of alpha fixes. Is this or your sourceforge page the best place to look for what's on deck in subsequent alpha builds?

Thank you again, Dave KI7VLV

Dave

All MFSK pic modes remain in TX at the conclusion of the pic transmission.  Use a macro to send an image if you want to conclude with a return to RX

Both flmsg and flamp transmission include the callsign as a part of the transmission.  FCC requirement for identification is satisfied by the embedded data, so a CWID is only needed if you like to hear the ID.

Development test releases (alpha) are nearly always posted at http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/, unless for a private test to assist a user debug a specific issue.  Would you like to be added to the list of fldigi testers?

Dave

Understood. Thank you. Sure! Please add me to the list. ki7vlv@... 73, D