Topics

FLDIGI 4.1.0.0 LoTW mode field not exporting causing an error

Bill Hamel

Good evening.

---
Fldigi 4.1.0.0
MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Tsql: 2.4.3

When I try to use Fldigi to automatically update LoTW I get an error that says that the mode is missing, In this case PSK31

To help diagnose I unchecked the box that says “Quiet mode [-q], do not open tqsl dialog in Logbook->LoTW

Condition 1
==========
When I finish a QSO and write the log a box pops up that reports

—-------------------<SNIP>------------------------
Signing using Callsign K3TFM, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 4
CALL: K5****
FREQ: 7.07269
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0206

Warning: Signing cancelled
No records to upload
---------------------</SNIP>————————————

Condition 2
===========
When I use Fldigi to try a LoTW batch by doing Logbook->LoTW->Export
I make sure I select the LoTW button so it checks the relevant fields
(Note that I also will check the “Mode” box and try it that way also since when clicking the “LoTW” button it does not check the mode box)
I then select “SEND” and the following log entries occur in the log file

Note actual calls masked with “*"
—-------------------<SNIP>------------------------
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 tqsl_getNumBand
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: rval=1
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: msg=Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode
Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 6
CALL: KG5***
FREQ: 7.07254
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0059

Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 tqsl_getNumBand
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: rval=1
Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 check_tqsl_error: msg=Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode
Error: Invalid contact - QSO does not specify a mode on line 7
CALL: AA5***
FREQ: 7.07232
QSO_DATE: 20190228
BAND: 40m
TIME_ON: 0113

Wed Feb 27 20:41:28 2019 MyFrame::UploadLogFile: Log converted, status = 9, numrecs=0
---------------------</SNIP>————————————

Condition 3
--------------------
I can get it to work if I do the following

In FLDigi Logbook->ADIF->Export

Check the same boxes that I do above using the LoTW methods above

Export the adif

From within Tsql do a “Sign a log and upload it automatically to LoTW”

And my log is successfully uploaded to LoTW including the Mode information

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill K3TFM

Bill Hamel

Not realizing that the Help -> “Check for updates” doesn’t actually check for updates since it kept tell me that no updates are available.

I manually found a v4.1.01 that says it fixes this problem in the release notes. I’ve installed it an it appears to be working now.

Thanks
-bh k3tfm

On Feb 27, 2019, at 9:34 PM, Bill Hamel <bill@...> wrote:

Good evening.

---
[...]

From within Tsql do a “Sign a log and upload it automatically to LoTW”

And my log is successfully uploaded to LoTW including the Mode information

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill K3TFM

Dave

Your statement is not true Bill.

4.1.0.0 was and is an alpha version and it's numbering will always be in sync with the final distribution, ie:

4.1.0.1
4.1.0.2
4.1.0.n ===> results in a distribution of 4.1.0.

As an alpha user you have the responsibility to monitor either linuxham@groups.io, or nbems@groups.io, or winfldigi@groups.io for announcements regarding new distributions, or personally check Source Forge (or the w1hkj.com site) for physical evidence of a new distribution.

The groups.io announcements always delineate what bugs have been fixed or changes implemented.

73, David, W1HKJ

On 2/28/19 8:54 AM, Bill Hamel wrote:
[...]

From within Tsql do a “Sign a log and upload it automatically to LoTW”

And my log is successfully uploaded to LoTW including the Mode information

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill K3TFM

Bill Hamel

Hi David,

I’m not sure if the box you are showing pops up when you check for updates, if it is, what I’m seeing on a Mac is different.

If 4.1.0.1 is not supposed to be considered "the latest version" I’ll keep that in mind for future versions that are in the x of 4.1.0.x versioning.

Returning the message in the box you displayed would make more sense here.

I guess I got confused when I saw ver 4.1.00 which I thought meant 4.1.0.0

Thanks,
-bh k3tfm

On Feb 28, 2019, at 10:15 AM, Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:

Your statement is not true Bill.

<apjeacjpiapdeefk.png>

[...]

From within Tsql do a “Sign a log and upload it automatically to LoTW”

And my log is successfully uploaded to LoTW including the Mode information

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill K3TFM

Marty Hartwell

Hi

To be sure,  since there is not such version as 4.1.00, I would have assumed that same thing.

I personally don't want the alpha releases for daily use, if I am experiencing the issue it is correcting

then I will download, compile and use to see if it corrects the issue. Then when it is released as a full

full release then replace the alpha and retest and use.

Now since moving to the new condo and it is winter I will be operating mostly QRV from my car at a picnic

table.

I expect the original op was not to familiar with software version standards.

Marty kd8bj

As an alpha user you have the responsibility to monitor either linuxham@groups.io, or nbems@groups.io, or winfldigi@groups.io for announcements regarding new distributions, or personally check Source Forge (or the w1hkj.com <http://w1hkj.com> site) for physical evidence of a new distribution.

The groups.io <http://groups.io> announcements always delineate what bugs have been fixed or changes implemented.

73, David, W1HKJ

On 2/28/19 8:54 AM, Bill Hamel wrote:
Not realizing that the Help -> “Check for updates” doesn’t actually check for updates since it kept tell me that no updates are available.

I manually found a v4.1.01 that says it fixes this problem in the release notes. I’ve installed it an it appears to be working now.

Thanks
-bh k3tfm

On Feb 27, 2019, at 9:34 PM, Bill Hamel <bill@... <mailto:bill@...>> wrote:

Good evening.

---
[...]

From within Tsql do a “Sign a log and upload it automatically to LoTW”

And my log is successfully uploaded to LoTW including the Mode information

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill K3TFM

Dave

You might expect to see something like the above if you are running a recent alpha version.  Not sure why you did not.

Note this is on a Mac.

David