Topics

fldigi-4.1.08 install problem

Roger Stapleton

I hope somebody can point me in the right direction on this problem.

I have just updated the system on the home PC from Scientific Linux 6 to
Scientific Linux 7 to match the work computer. Under SL6 I had fldigi working
just fine. On the SL7 system I downloaded fldigi-4.1.08.tar.gz and started the
install process.

./configure - once the missing libraries were installed it was ok

./make - runs happily until:-

.
.
CXX wwv/fldigi-analysis.o
CXX wwv/fldigi-wwv.o
CXXLD fldigi
/bin/ld: combo/fldigi-combo.o: undefined reference to symbol
'_ZN8Fl_Group4drawEv'
//usr/lib64/libfltk.so.1.3: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command
line
make[3]: *** [fldigi] Error 1
.

This looks like an fltk library issue. Checking what fltk libraries are
installed I get:-

fltk-devel-1.3.4-1.el7.x86_64
fltk-1.3.4-1.el7.x86_64

Which matches what the install notes say I need.

Ok, what obvious error I have I missed?

73

Roger GM0GKR

Roger Stapleton jrs@...
University of St.Andrews, School of Physics & Astronomy
North Haugh, St.Andrews, Fife. KY16 9SS
Phone - rarely in the office, use e-mail!
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland: No SC013532

David Ranch

Hello Roger,

This thread probably should be on the linuxham@groups.io list as it's more appropriate for that list (more Linux and compiling centric stuff).

With that said, Fldigi 4.1.08 does compile fine on Centos6 (aka SL6) like you previously stated though the only different on my Centos machine is:
--
fltk-1.3.4.2-1.el6.x86_64
fltk-devel-1.3.4.2-1.el6.x86_64

but I don't think the fluid package is needed as I think I had added it to test for something else.  Anyway, you might want to read say:

   https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19901934/libpthread-so-0-error-adding-symbols-dso-missing-from-command-line

and see if any of those hints help you.  If not, I can try building up Fldigi in a VM and see if I can reproduce.

--David
KI6ZHD