Topics

Fldigi ?

kenve3yk@...

Hi how do I get the frequency on Fldigi to math my readout on my Kenwood TS590SG? (I am using the USB for receive/transmit)  Thanks for the

time!  73   Ken VE3YK

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jim / W6JHB

Hi Ken - I’m kinda new to FLDIGI and use a different rig (K3), but I have FLRIG set up to control the radio - using it, the radio, FLDIGI, and FLRIG all show the same frequency. Do you use FLRIG?

Jim / W6JHB

On Mar 5, 2020, at 11:10 AM, Ken Pyke via Groups.Io <kenve3yk@...> wrote:

Hi how do I get the frequency on Fldigi to math my readout on my Kenwood TS590SG? (I am using the USB for receive/transmit)  Thanks for the
time!  73   Ken VE3YK
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ken Pyke <kenve3yk@...>

Hi Jim, no! Should I try that?  73.  Ken.   VE3YK

On Mar 5, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Jim / W6JHB via Groups.Io <w6jhb@...> wrote:

Hi Ken - I’m kinda new to FLDIGI and use a different rig (K3), but I have FLRIG set up to control the radio - using it, the radio, FLDIGI, and FLRIG all show the same frequency. Do you use FLRIG?

Jim / W6JHB

On Mar 5, 2020, at 11:10 AM, Ken Pyke via Groups.Io <kenve3yk@...> wrote:

Hi how do I get the frequency on Fldigi to math my readout on my Kenwood TS590SG? (I am using the USB for receive/transmit)  Thanks for the
time!  73   Ken VE3YK
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jim / W6JHB

Ken -

I used FLDIGI several years ago without FLRIG and it worked OK. I got off the digital modes for a while (couple years) and concentrated mostly on CW. Last month my 10 year old iMac crapped out and I replaced it with a new Mac mini. Part of that process was re-installing all my applications all over again. I installed FLDIGI by itself at first and had some difficulties getting it to work - probably pilot error. Anyway, after reading the documentation I saw that the authors recommended using FLRIG to control things. Soooooo… I installed it, configured things as per the docs, and it works great. I’ve got FLDIGI set so that automatically launches FLRIG at startup. No problem. Worth a try, since both are free!

73, Jim / W6JHB

p.s. - I’m far from an expert, but if you have questions I can possibly offer answers.