Topics

Fldigi

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

Hello, new to this group. It said that this is for FLDIGI. I have a ft991 and it hooks up fine with WSJTX but not fldigi. If someone has a FT991 with fldigi will you please send me the settings at k6bfl456@....
73 k6bfl

Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...>

In FLdigi , are you using the “Rig CAT” option ? If so, do you have a .xml file for your rig specified in the CAT configuration area ? You can get the required files from the “rigs” section of the FLdigi we site .
Andy K3UK

On Nov 1, 2018, at 10:31 AM, Brennan Long <prankster2261@...> wrote:

Hello, new to this group. It said that this is for FLDIGI. I have a ft991 and it hooks up fine with WSJTX but not fldigi. If someone has a FT991 with fldigi will you please send me the settings at k6bfl456@....
73 k6bfl

501_Andy_VE4PER <ve4per@...>

check here to get your rigs file and then put it in thew rigs folder on your PC then go to fldigi config anf select it as the rig to use.

I spent a few extra mins and just downloaded all the rigs files so I can use my laptop with any deployed installation as it were.
cheers & 73

On Thu, 2018-11-01 at 08:31 -0600, Brennan Long wrote:
Hello, new to this group. It said that this is for FLDIGI. I have a ft991 and it hooks up fine with WSJTX but not fldigi. If someone has a FT991 with fldigi will you please send me the settings at k6bfl456@....
73 k6bfl

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

ok thanks I will try that. I use windows and a usb cable. I can decode in fldigi though and I was able to get the frequency correct on the dial but after I hooked up to WSJTX it messed up everything. But even thoung it does not show my frequency I can still decode. I could be a setting in the radio as well.

Andy_501 <andrew.webb.501.ve4per@...>

I run an FT-857D and use a SignalinkUSB for audio. I set baud rate in the rig at 38,400 and leave it there. I use the yaesu CAT USB cable to control the rig from the PC. I also use the USB connection to the SignalinkUSB as the audio device when you config rigs, and audio cards in the FLdigi program. You likely have to config FLrig as well to match the port, xml device files and baud rates.

I also use PC-ALE and do the same there configure the program to use CAT for rig control and PTT and use the same comm port # and baud rate in both programs so it can be used easily just by starting and stopping the programs.

On Thu, 2018-11-01 at 08:41 -0700, Brennan Long wrote:
ok thanks I will try that. I use windows and a usb cable. I can decode in fldigi though and I was able to get the frequency correct on the dial but after I hooked up to WSJTX it messed up everything. But even thoung it does not show my frequency I can still decode. I could be a setting in the radio as well.

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

My baud rate is 9600 I also dont use signal link my audio  is all USB Codec I know that my settings in FLDIGI is incorrect though.

Ralph Alden Brigham

Hello All,

Regarding the FT-857D; using the SignaLink requires two separate cables
- CAT and DATA from the computer. But, if you go with a Yaesu SCU-17
interface just one USB to the interface then two connections to the radio.

Just my quarter ha-penny. Also the SCU-17 can be used with other radios!

-- ***** ---
Ralph Brigham KG4CSQ -- EM64RQ2OOQ
W5YI VE 33080; ARRL VE
ARRL #1000033463
ARES/RACES SKYWARN
(931) 906-9277
-- ****

Marvin Penepent

You want your data to go as fast as possible. You need to use the fastest it will go and set up your comports in device manager and in your program to all be the same.

Larry
KF5MLP

Regarding the FT-857D; using the SignaLink requires two separate cables
- CAT and DATA from the computer. But, if you go with a Yaesu SCU-17
interface just one USB to the interface then two connections to the radio.

Just my quarter ha-penny. Also the SCU-17 can be used with other radios!

-- ***** ---
Ralph Brigham KG4CSQ -- EM64RQ2OOQ
W5YI VE 33080; ARRL VE
ARRL #1000033463
ARES/RACES SKYWARN
(931) 906-9277
-- ****

Poul K

Edited

Hi Brennan.
I have an FT-991 with just a USB cable to a Windows 7 laptop, and use CAT with FLDIGI and many more programs.
As you mention OmniRig, I suspect with FLDIGI you've run into the problem that 2 different programs (FLDIGI and OmniRig) can not share a COM port.

However, with a Splitter (VSPE free 32-bit) it works fine, at least for me all the time, even if it shouldn't.

As a precaution I use specific startup orders, e.g one or more of FLDIGI, N3FJP AClog, HDSDR/CW Skimmer or WSJT-X/JS8Call, all the latter using OmniRig (which is safe for sharing a COM port). My FLDIGI uses RigCAT and AClog it own scheme, and the rest OmniRig, so there are 3 users of the COM port. The more Win apps that use OmniRig, the better.

You could look at my FT-991 and FLDIGI settings at www.sa7cnd.se
If you use the VSPE Splitter, remember to turn on the rig first so USB/COM activates and then VSPE. Also, stop VSPE on the Stop button (or shut down Windows) before turning your rig off.

Good luck. 73 de Poul SA7CND

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

Ok thanks so much for that. I will try to do that. I also have HDSDR but it doesn't connect to the radio. But I know I have the settings wrong on that. I will try that. Thanks again and 73 K6BFL

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

SA7CND I put in all of your settings and got Omni Rig. It still is not working. Is your Omni RIG a short little box that appears? I will  try some more. I am not sure what the problem is. 73

Poul K

Edited

OmniRig is a CAT software from dxatlas.com and its config program is sort of a small box on the screen, much higher than wide. OmniRig itself will be called in the background when you have configured CAT in e.g WSJT-X, JS8Call or HDSDR ("Omnirig Rig 1"). You will be mostly fine if you use the OmniRig FT-991 ini files fresh downloaded from dxatlas.com, otherwise use mine FT-991-SA7CND.ini on http://sa7cnd.se/ somewhat updated by me. Put it in the folder C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Afreet\Products\OmniRig\

FLDIGI can not use OmniRig, so a COM port Splitter such as VSPE is needed for FLDIGI cooperation with "omnirig programs", and then you can config FLDIGI with e.g RigCAT and a FT-991 xml config file. Mine FT-991-v2.xml is enchanced, on my radio page. Put it where you can find it and link to it from FLDIGI Config - Rig Control - RigCAT.

It can be a good idea to study the FT-991 CAT Operation Reference Manual also.
With the VSPE Com port Splitter I now mention on my radio page, I can run several of the programs I mentioned above at the same time, so you could also - with some work and trials perhaps...Hope this helps, GL.
/Poul

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

Ok thank you Poul. I will try that. Is there a way to not use Omni Rig at all? Also if it is not to much to ask you said you use HDSDR will you please post the setting for that? You have been a great help. 73

Poul K

Edited

FLDIGI does not use OmniRig. For FT8/JS8 there are other options than OmniRig, so you can go without it.

For HDSDR however, I am not aware of any other serial CAT rig sync control for HDSDR other than OmniRig (but perhaps here) if you need to sync HDSDR also.
The CAT settings in HDSDR call the OmniRig config program, so that is the same for all programs using OmniRig. Here is my OmniRig settings file (using 9600 baud) where you can see the OmniRig seetings. HDSDR stores its settings in the Windows Registry (not for the faint-hearted), a lot of technical variables.
But my HDSDR CAT settings in Options F7 are:
1) CAT to Radio -> sync Rig1 + sync to Omni-Rig + sync from Omni-Rig + sync Tune frequency + sync Modulation (=mode).
2) Misc Options -> Tune fixed to 'LO<->Tune Offset'
3) "set LO <-> Tune Offset" to -60000 (=60 kHz local oscillator offset).

Anyhow, if you run more than one program with CAT, you will need VSPE so they can share the rig (enhanced) COM port, even if it said not always work ;-). Note: all OmniRig-configured radio programs together count as one in this respect.

To me, OmniRig is the robust CAT solution if the radio programs offers such a possibility.

As I said, with VSPE I can run FLDIGI, AClog, HDSDR (with SDRPlay RSP1a) feeding a CW Skimmer, and optionally WSJT-X or JS8CALL (they have OmniRig as one rig "type"), at the same time. Not using all of them at the same time, but all follows frequency and mode beautifully - change the rig VFO or mode, change freq/band/mode in FLDIGI or CW Skimmer or HDSDR - and all other follow nicely.
GL & 73 de SA7CND

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

i GOT IT FINALLY! Dont know how but was calling CQ DX on 30m and it worked. Thanks for all of the help and I will try that with HDSDR. Thanks and 73

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

But here goes another problem. I can transmit but with no power. Any ideas.

Brennan Long <prankster2261@...>

Lastly, I cannot use VPSE. It is for a 32 bit and I have a 64 bit. It says it would cost me $20. Thanks again

k4pwo

You will find that VSPE is superior to most virtual port tools.  If you can't afford it or have problems with payment means contact Eterlogic with an explanation and that you will use the tool in support of emergency communications.  They might surprise you...

Perry K4PWO

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.