Topics

flamp will not receive

Kyle

I am a fairly new ham and have been learning to use the nbems/fldigi suite with my local ARES group on an VHF repeater.

I'm using a FTM-400XDR with a signalink and a rPi 4.

So far I have had success with fldigi, flmsg, and flarq.  I have even been able to transmit a file with flamp.  When I try to receive a file via flamp I see the data in fldigi, but the flamp window never populates.  I am at a loss as to what could be the problem.

Kyle KI5JCL

K3eui

First open FLDIGI.
Then, open FLAMP.

FLAMP must be up and running BEFORE you receive a FLAMP message, unlike FLMSG which opens a new window with each new FLMSG message.

Barry  k3eui

On Sep 12, 2020, at 6:08 PM, Kyle <kyle@...> wrote:

I am a fairly new ham and have been learning to use the nbems/fldigi suite with my local ARES group on an VHF repeater.

I'm using a FTM-400XDR with a signalink and a rPi 4.

So far I have had success with fldigi, flmsg, and flarq.  I have even been able to transmit a file with flamp.  When I try to receive a file via flamp I see the data in fldigi, but the flamp window never populates.  I am at a loss as to what could be the problem.

Kyle KI5JCL

Bruce Bohannon WA1YZN

Hi, not sure why your local group can not help you. Are in the TX window or the Receive window of FLamp when trying to receive?

Bruce WA1YZN

On 9/12/2020 18:08, Kyle wrote:
I am a fairly new ham and have been learning to use the nbems/fldigi suite with my local ARES group on an VHF repeater.

I'm using a FTM-400XDR with a signalink and a rPi 4.

So far I have had success with fldigi, flmsg, and flarq.  I have even been able to transmit a file with flamp.  When I try to receive a file via flamp I see the data in fldigi, but the flamp window never populates.  I am at a loss as to what could be the problem.

Kyle KI5JCL

Kyle

I've done some troubleshooting with my local ARES group but we haven't been able to figure it out while online.  They are all running windows installations, so not sure if this is a pi specific issue.

I have fldigi setup to auto start flamp.  So when I open fldigi it opens flamp as well.

I have the window on with the receive tab/screen displaying.

Everything I've read and heard says it should just work at that point.

On 9/12/2020 18:08, Kyle wrote:
I am a fairly new ham and have been learning to use the nbems/fldigi suite with my local ARES group on an VHF repeater.

I'm using a FTM-400XDR with a signalink and a rPi 4.

So far I have had success with fldigi, flmsg, and flarq.  I have even been able to transmit a file with flamp.  When I try to receive a file via flamp I see the data in fldigi, but the flamp window never populates.  I am at a loss as to what could be the problem.

Kyle KI5JCL

Bruce Bohannon WA1YZN

Kyle, yes I am also a windows 10 operator. I have no knowledge about Pi setups.

Sorry, I missed that in your first querrie. I guess I am not going to be able to help you on this one.

Bruce WA1YZN